***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Vanderbilt

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It seems that anytime this team slows down the pace they struggle.

What happened to Hudson? Did he get sick? I didn’t see him in the second half? Did I miss that Gak was hurt? How come he didn’t have any minutes?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We actually scored more points in the second half so I don't think you can blame stall ball unless you think we were playing stall ball both halves. The main difference was they played much better offensively and hit a bunch of 3's in the second half and 12 for the game. You aren't going to win too many games where your opponent hits 12 3's so I'm actually impressed we came away with the W.

Getting Egor to the line repeatedly was actually a winning strategy it turned out. We can't expect to win too many giving up 54 points in the second half though so hopefully they step up the defense in the next game..
That scoring would be attributed to our crazy good FT shooting. But without the intentional fouls in the last min we don't score more than the 1st half. It's a terrible game plan if you are hoping they foul you and get to the line late in the shot clock either way. We got lucky vs a 5-8 team at home

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Coaches have figured us out. If Vanderbilt had used their second half strategy the entire game we would have been in serious trouble, it's how we've been getting beat. I don't particularly look forward to Tuesday night at aTm.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Coaches have figured us out. If Vanderbilt had used their second half strategy the entire game we would have been in serious trouble, it's how we've been getting beat. I don't particularly look forward to Tuesday night at aTm.

Vandy was a good match up for UF as they start 3 guards and two bigs and play a bunch of other guards. Against UAL yesterday aTm played basically 3 bigs a total of 75 minutes. They are listed at 6'10" 266 lbs, 6'10" 229 lbs and 6'10" 240 lbs. aTm played another similar sized guy 2 minutes. D.J. Hogg listed 6'9" 215 lbs was suspended and if ESPN is right will serve the last of his 3 game suspension against UF.

So aTm basically played 3 bigs and 5 guards more than a couple of minutes against UAL. Of course one of the aTm guards is listed at 6'7" tall. UF played 2 bigs and 5 guards. So if Hogg is still suspended and Gak can play 10 or so minutes maybe UF can match up a bit in this game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
upload_2017-12-31_17-58-39.png
That scoring would be attributed to our crazy good FT shooting. But without the intentional fouls in the last min we don't score more than the 1st half. It's a terrible game plan if you are hoping they foul you and get to the line late in the shot clock either way. We got lucky vs a 5-8 team at home
We got lucky? Man you really over-react and focus on the negative every game thread. They get lucky to hit a bunch of desperate 3's in the second half and we shot poorly in the second half. They mounted a comeback but we were winning the entire game and won by 7. It wasn't coincidence that we made a bunch of FT in the second half. Egor played the entire half and the plan was have him drive forcing them to foul since he is automatic at the line. If you go back and watch many of our previous games including the close losses, Egor has been hacked repeatedly and for some reason hasn't gotten the calls until this game.

Or for those who are more the visual type this graph shows we were winning the entire game and never were statistically likely to lose, and we didn't lose. And that was against a team that has owned us and was mounting a furious (improbable) comeback. It was a good win.

Check out the win probability and game flow graphs.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400987281

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Charity Stripe is our friend, it's like a good stiff arm to the chest... Go Gators! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator