Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Gators throttle #14 Bama 105-87

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
didnt seem like bama did a lot of zone which is wild, but think we would have won last night regardless of what they employed defensively. it was just one of those nights where we werent going to be denied.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I haven’t looked at the stats but it felt like we dominated in the paint. Lived at the FT line due to that and sank those FTs. Good effort all the way around. Gators definitely came to play!

Samuel has really come into his own on the back-half of the season as far as being able to just physically dominate inside. Can remember a few times when even with him being double-teamed, he would just bull-rush through them and power home a basket (and sometimes with a +1 on top of it). It's not the first time he's shown that either.

Throw in Condon being able to get tough buckets and I really like our team's chances in March. Refs generally let teams play a lot more come tournament time and teams that play physical are at a big advantage.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i love the way our offense is playing this year. if we can play a little bit better defensively and do it consistently we are gonna be very dangerous in the tournament.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Depth is what is got us much better this year. Quality depth. It seems now you get one year with the same players so I think they realize the opportunity here and will play like their hairs on fire. Ive seen a few teams like Purdue that look unbeatable but the best teams all have 3 losses or more.. So any of them are beatable. The announcers keep saying we are 2nd weekend team. Who knows. I would love them to win the first two games in the Dance, Then see what happens. The toughness on this team reflects Todd even if he looks like an elf. He gets on officials. He has TONS Of nervous energy there. I would have LOVED to hear his interview after this game. He probably didn't go to sleep till very late. We finally have a post season to get excited about again.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Great game. Fun team to watch. So much depth. Great youngsters, led by some awesome senior transfers playing like it's their last chance. Love it. Could make a deep run into the Tourney. Will be thrilled to make the sweet 16. It would be all gravy after that.

Todd is going to attract a lot of talent after showing out his offensive chops this season. He's shown passion on the sidelines and that winning matters most. He changes his strategies when necessary and has em playing hard. He found the stable of running talls needed to make his system go. Let's hope he assembles an even more talented roster next season.

Enjoy the ride, Gators. We're dancing for sure. :chomp:

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Todd is going to attract a lot of talent after showing out his offensive chops this season. He's shown passion on the sidelines and that winning matters most. He changes his strategies when necessary and has em playing hard. He found the stable of running talls needed to make his system go. Let's hope he assembles an even more talented :chomp:
Good news and since he's shown he can recruit and put pieces in place, all the better. If we looked "bad" it would make it harder on him as we see in one of our other sports. But he has credibility now.

Alchemist

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2017
8i9ot6.jpg
This made me lol. Nicely done.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Depth is what is got us much better this year. Quality depth. It seems now you get one year with the same players so I think they realize the opportunity here and will play like their hairs on fire. Ive seen a few teams like Purdue that look unbeatable but the best teams all have 3 losses or more.. So any of them are beatable. The announcers keep saying we are 2nd weekend team. Who knows. I would love them to win the first two games in the Dance, Then see what happens. The toughness on this team reflects Todd even if he looks like an elf. He gets on officials. He has TONS Of nervous energy there. I would have LOVED to hear his interview after this game. He probably didn't go to sleep till very late. We finally have a post season to get excited about again.
40 of 46 at the free throw line and only 9 turnovers (on a ton of possessions) will win most games.

Fun to watch. Zero turnovers for Pullin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.