***Official Game Thread BBall: Gators vs Oklahoma State***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Game is at OSU, at 8PM Saturday, on Fox Sports channel. Our 6-3 Gators need to rebound from
loss to #1 MSU. At some point Gator outside shooters have got to relax and start hitting from 3pt
arc ... or even from 10 feet. A sports writer says he saw K.Allen and Ramirez hit 25 of 30 outside
shots in practice. ??

Since we're hitting 33% outside FG and Egbunu is 65%, Hayes 70%, then a greater "training" for
feeding our inside "bigs" is a dire need. At those terrible outside %, we could lose 1 of every 3 feeds
to TOs and still hit a better % than having an outside man put it up. ?? When we pull off a successful
dish-off pass, it seems like an desperation accident... not a thought out play. Has anyone seen us
execute a single "back-door" play ?

This team has talent that's not being tapped. Even Rhymmer launches his body towards the rim like
the big boys of Duke-North Carolina. Egbunu and Hayes can be monsters. Hayes plays with fierceness.
We need drivers that can feed these big guys, but none of them have command of their dribbling. ??

And FTs at 50% is laughable or cryable when opponents are hitting 70%

Anyway, Alex Murphy, out all season with plantar fasciitis will make his 2015 debut Saturday. Let's
hope Alex has a positive-settling effect on this young chaotic gang.

So, watch the game. It's an active Gatorsport to ditch & moan about on GC.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1st in, thanks ox bot

:chomp:... Bait

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
A few days early aren't we? Also, it's a neutral court game down in Sunrise. I also want to point out that Florida has a top 10 RPI (usually 6 or 7) and a strength of schedule of 2 or 3 (depends on which RPI index).

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okie State has lost to George Mason (4-7) and Missouri State (4-6). Their offense does not look stellar, so our D should keep them in check. Their RPI is 194.
Gators 66
Cowboys 52

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Game is at OSU, at 8PM Saturday, on Fox Sports channel. Our 6-3 Gators need to rebound from
loss to #1 MSU. At some point Gator outside shooters have got to relax and start hitting from 3pt
arc ... or even from 10 feet. A sports writer says he saw K.Allen and Ramirez hit 25 of 30 outside
shots in practice. ??

Since we're hitting 33% outside FG and Egbunu is 65%, Hayes 70%, then a greater "training" for
feeding our inside "bigs" is a dire need. At those terrible outside %, we could lose 1 of every 3 feeds
to TOs and still hit a better % than having an outside man put it up. ?? When we pull off a successful
dish-off pass, it seems like an desperation accident... not a thought out play. Has anyone seen us
execute a single "back-door" play ?

This team has talent that's not being tapped. Even Rhymmer launches his body towards the rim like
the big boys of Duke-North Carolina. Egbunu and Hayes can be monsters. Hayes plays with fierceness.
We need drivers that can feed these big guys, but none of them have command of their dribbling. ??

And FTs at 50% is laughable or cryable when opponents are hitting 70%

Anyway, Alex Murphy, out all season with plantar fasciitis will make his 2015 debut Saturday. Let's

So, watch the game. It's an active Gatorsport to ditch & moan about on GC.
Looking forward to watching this one. A decent OOC opponent, yet very beatable. If we play with the intensity that we did against MSU with a little smarter play on offense, and with Big John getting to actually play this time, we should be able to play inside out more and come away with the win.

Don't forget about Robinson when talking about our bigs. Not a back to the basket guy, but probably our most skilled, and second best overall player (behind DFS) with potential to really come on as the season progresses.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
We are playing fantastic defense. If this team can find an offense prior to March they could be fairly dangerous.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Murph played in the first couple of games but I'm almost positive they were considered exhibition. I remember watching them earlier and he played. But the point is if he's back, it will be a huge help. He brings another dynamic to the team.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okie State has lost to George Mason (4-7) and Missouri State (4-6). Their offense does not look stellar, so our D should keep them in check. Their RPI is 194.
Gators 66
Cowboys 52
At 7-3 Okie St. Needs this win just as much, if not more, than we do. Our SOS will help them with a win 10x more than what a win over them would do for us. They arrived in Florida yesterday to adjust and prepare with finals over. They're practicing in a high school gym.

I hope we don't overlook them.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have been pretty critical of this team so far this year but I was encouraged by the MSU game.
I saw a team that played very hard and could have won if not forced to play 8 on 5. This is in spite of another poor shooting night.
What was most disappointing about the officiating is that the crew was led by Teddy Valentine who is a veteran official that is supposed to be beyond homerism but I guess not. Go back and watch that game again and tell me Egbunu committed five fouls in seven minutes. This is the number one problem in college basketball.

The shooting will come at some point and given the neutral court we may get a fair chance so I am optimistic about this one.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry if this is MOM, but I just caught Andrew DeClerq as co-commentator of
Ga. v GaTech BBall game.??

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The refs must hate UF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Refs did not call an even game. Lotsa bangin on the white shirts and no calls - even crap like a non-existent travel while trying to get a rebound to give OKS another last shot. But we won and that's all that matters to this squad in training.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Offensively we finally started to run some sets. White called a couple good plays out of timeouts.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see us pick up a win tonight, I'll watch the game on DVR one of these days when I'm not busy as F.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well at least our tournament hopes are still alive. That would have been a huge loss if things are close at the end.

I cant believe we have a guard that is still only hitting around 50% of his free throws and only 33% of his 3 pt. attempts. In fact it appears we only have one player that is a true threat to even hit a 3 point shot on the entire team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator