Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** LSU @ UF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What a terrible shot by Kugel. Bailed out by Samuel.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody should control this ball except Pullen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t believe they couldn’t get him the ball

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Need our young coach to learn how to properly utilize timeouts to stop bleeding

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Condon makes 1 of 2; but Gators survive and win 82-80

LSU missed two easy shots with seconds left
They missed one. It was undefended from about 4 feet from the rim so I have no idea how he missed it. But second one was a clean block.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
First game I’ve been to at the ODome this season. Disappointed with the attendance. They should have packed that gym.

Started slow then found a rhythm. Clayton was strong in the first half. Pullin is a stud. Solid point guard. Samuel had flashes. The 3 white bigs have nice potential.

Kugel lacks discipline and consistency. Frequently out of control. I expected more out of him. I wonder if he will stick around. Reminds me of Scotty Lewis with his athleticism but has the same lack of savvy. He is in no way NBA ready. Like Lewis he needs 4 years of college ball. Lewis was in and out of the league in a minute….should have stayed in school. I hope Kugel gets the proper advice.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
First game I’ve been to at the ODome this season. Disappointed with the attendance. They should have packed that gym.

Started slow then found a rhythm. Clayton was strong in the first half. Pullin is a stud. Solid point guard. Samuel had flashes. The 3 white bigs have nice potential.

Kugel lacks discipline and consistency. Frequently out of control. I expected more out of him. I wonder if he will stick around. Reminds me of Scotty Lewis with his athleticism but has the same lack of savvy. He is in no way NBA ready. Like Lewis he needs 4 years of college ball. Lewis was in and out of the league in a minute….should have stayed in school. I hope Kugel gets the proper advice.
I know I'm going to get this from everyone...
Half Baked Boo GIF

... but it's a big exam week at UF this week. Daughter had one yesterday, one today (most classes only have 3 tests now including final, and they are usually weighted to make up 80% of your total grade... you can't blow a single test). If it makes you feel better, she hit the gymnastics meet Friday night, big bonfire party Saturday night, Super Bowl party Sunday night... this week, exams and interviews = no basketball on a Tuesday night.

Preemptive reply to the "back in our day....!" crowd: UF ain't the way it was 20+ years ago when you were a pussy if you couldn't power through a Tuesday night and show up to a FINAL the next morning hungover... if not still drunk.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

My summary of Gator bball fans (you know who you are) this season...:

First half or so of this season: "We have GOT to learn how to hold a lead, finish games, and find a way to win! NO HEART! Faggity Todd and The Queers SUCK!"

Second half of the season so far: "Yeah, yeah, yeah... we are now finding some heart, finishing games, and winning, but we aren't winning by double digits! NO HEART! Faggity Todd and The Queers SUCK!"

Let me know if I got that right. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know I'm going to get this from everyone...
Half Baked Boo GIF

... but it's a big exam week at UF this week. Daughter had one yesterday, one today (most classes only have 3 tests now including final, and they are usually weighted to make up 80% of your total grade... you can't blow a single test). If it makes you feel better, she hit the gymnastics meet Friday night, big bonfire party Saturday night, Super Bowl party Sunday night... this week, exams and interviews = no basketball on a Tuesday night.

Preemptive reply to the "back in our day....!" crowd: UF ain't the way it was 20+ years ago when you were a pussy if you couldn't power through a Tuesday night and show up to a FINAL the next morning hungover... if not still drunk.

A lot of teams are starting their season this week as well, on a test week no less. LaCrosse plays the Scottish National Team today, Softball starts today, Women's basketball Thursday Night, Men's Baseball starts Friday night.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Opposing coaches having figured out that Florida gets tight when they switch to a zone defense. I'm personally surprised other teams haven't started games playing zone against this group.

Golden and staff need to address this in practice like they did with FT's. I don't see anyone penetrating the defense and kicking it out for some open shots.

The only positive can be summed up no better than Walter Clayton Jr. postgame "Better to learn through a win than a loss."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator