Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** LSU @ UF

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My summary of Gator bball fans (you know who you are) this season...:

First half or so of this season: "We have GOT to learn how to hold a lead, finish games, and find a way to win! NO HEART! Faggity Todd and The Queers SUCK!"

Second half of the season so far: "Yeah, yeah, yeah... we are now finding some heart, finishing games, and winning, but we aren't winning by double digits! NO HEART! Faggity Todd and The Queers SUCK!"

Let me know if I got that right. :lol:
Second half, LSU couldn't miss a shot. We lead every statistically category, except 3 pointers and shooting percentage. It wasn't about playing hard, it was they switched to zone and had a few guys trying to play hero ball for about 5 minutes. During a time out that stopped.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First game I’ve been to at the ODome this season. Disappointed with the attendance. They should have packed that gym.

Started slow then found a rhythm. Clayton was strong in the first half. Pullin is a stud. Solid point guard. Samuel had flashes. The 3 white bigs have nice potential.

Kugel lacks discipline and consistency. Frequently out of control. I expected more out of him. I wonder if he will stick around. Reminds me of Scotty Lewis with his athleticism but has the same lack of savvy. He is in no way NBA ready. Like Lewis he needs 4 years of college ball. Lewis was in and out of the league in a minute….should have stayed in school. I hope Kugel gets the proper advice.

I agree with your comparison to Scottie Lewis and I do agree that both players should or should have taken advantage of the four years of college, I want to believe that Riley is more focused on basketball than Scottie ever was.

If you recall, after his freshman year Scottie decided that he was a social justice warrior first and a college basketball player second and his game regressed from that point forward. Call it a distraction or call it karma or whatever you want but he lost his edge and never found his game to go along with his athleticism.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I agree with your comparison to Scottie Lewis and I do agree that both players should or should have taken advantage of the four years of college, I want to believe that Riley is more focused on basketball than Scottie ever was.

If you recall, after his freshman year Scottie decided that he was a social justice warrior first and a college basketball player second and his game regressed from that point forward. Call it a distraction or call it karma or whatever you want but he lost his edge and never found his game to go along with his athleticism.
Sounds like he let a girl get in his head and got Kaepernick'd!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
First game I’ve been to at the ODome this season. Disappointed with the attendance. They should have packed that gym.
ScottieS has made it less appealing for students to attend and it has bleed over to others not attending because the once intimidating atmosphere is essentially gone, even when student section is now full.

At least he is consistent in his effortS to degrade the game day atmosphere across all sports other than his beloved Olympic or bat and ball sports.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is great to see. Much better than “we’re constantly evaluating….”

Golden: “But our halfcourt execution especially against zone or junk defenses has not been nearly good enough. And that’s not on [Coach Kevin] Hov, that’s on me, I need to make sure we spend enough time on those things in practice, and we just haven’t done that, so we’ll give our guys tomorrow off and we’ll obviously address Thursday or Friday before we head to Georgia on Saturday.”

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We won I'm happy enough. Sitting at 7-4 in conference. Go 4-3 and end up 11-7 and I'll be happy with that.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Glad I missed it, but let me guess. Reading that the team blew a 20 point 2nd half lead, much attributed to LSU switching to a zone defense, all I could imagine was one guy dribbling around against the zone and the other 4 guys just watching? No cutting through the lane to move the defense or post flashing in and out just to cause the defense to think?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU switching to zone didn't have anything to do with us allowing them to score 46 in the second half.

We're playing a 3 guard lineup with really only 4 serviceable guards and at the same time we're one of the top teams in terms of pace. I think those guys are getting tired late in these games.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
all I could imagine was one guy dribbling around against the zone and the other 4 guys just watching
I also missed this game, but having watched most of the others, I'd guess that is exactly what Pullin did for 80% of our possessions in the last 10 minutes of the game. It's been the same way in nearly every non-blowout game, or made blowouts not blowouts by Pullin's beating the ball to death play.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Second half, LSU couldn't miss a shot. We lead every statistically category, except 3 pointers and shooting percentage. It wasn't about playing hard, it was they switched to zone and had a few guys trying to play hero ball for about 5 minutes. During a time out that stopped.
Allowing 50% from 3 and overall, and still win the game? I'll take it, especially since we shot 23% from 3.

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
I'll take the win, was many minutes of good basketball. I think they are all learning so better to learn now keep advancing in the tourney when it's time

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
LSU switching to zone didn't have anything to do with us allowing them to score 46 in the second half.

We're playing a 3 guard lineup with really only 4 serviceable guards and at the same time we're one of the top teams in terms of pace. I think those guys are getting tired late in these games.

You make a good point that I didn’t think of. Maybe we *gulp* need to play Aberdeen a little more when we get bigger leads…

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You make a good point that I didn’t think of. Maybe we *gulp* need to play Aberdeen a little more when we get bigger leads…
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator