Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** MIZZ @ #24 UF

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Florida is up 61-58 at the under 8 timeout. Richard and Pullin with 3pters
Im glad Richards finally hit a three. I hit record and went to bed soon after Walter fouled out. Richards had missed his first 7 threes I think Gonna watch the rest soon. And will comment.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

This shout goes out in our house every game. Not in a good way. We all accept that Kuegel isnt what we hoped for, and his minutes are rightfully shrinking. But my son has grown to hate Richard because he misses so damn much. I am ok, he is hitting what 30-40% from 3? Tjo this last hame will pull down that %. But my son is screaming anytime Richard is on the court that we not pass to hom, dont let him miss yet again.

Richard!!!!!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
This shout goes out in our house every game. Not in a good way. We all accept that Kuegel isnt what we hoped for, and his minutes are rightfully shrinking. But my son has grown to hate Richard because he misses so damn much. I am ok, he is hitting what 30-40% from 3? Tjo this last hame will pull down that %. But my son is screaming anytime Richard is on the court that we not pass to hom, dont let him miss yet again.

Richard!!!!!
To be fair. Errbody was clanging it last night. Thankfully we had two clutch ones right after the refs cheated and gave them 3 free throws

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Crunch time these next 2 games. I'd be happy splitting at SC and home vs Bama. If we win both that would be phenomenal. Early this year I thought we could do 10 wins, so my expectations have been met. Still 12 conference wins is doable and would be very impressive with how competitive the refs play against us :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Richard!!!!!

your son should use this GIF

Calendar Try Guys GIF by BuzzFeed

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Didn’t cover yet again. I am cleaning up.
Again, as is the routine, the Gator's; game broke down when they got ahead. There is no killer instinct in this team, but it was good to see that they didn't relinquish the lead. Richards hitting that 3 at the end of the game after he missed 9 or 10 in a row; maybe he was tuning up for Saturday(?). So, I wouldn't change the way you wager.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Not long ago Richards was killing threes and playing well. I will take that win. Samuels and Zion crushed it late and our bigs just keep doing their thing. I will love seeing what this team can do in the dance. IF Riley can get some confidence and hit a few shots we would be even better.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Again, as is the routine, the Gator's; game broke down when they got ahead. There is no killer instinct in this team, but it was good to see that they didn't relinquish the lead. Richards hitting that 3 at the end of the game after he missed 9 or 10 in a row; maybe he was tuning up for Saturday(?). So, I wouldn't change the way you wager.
Maybe Clayton being kicked out by a wimpy ref lit a fire. Samuel was possessed after that and took that Neanderthal 7'5 kid to school

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't the best game; but certainly wasn’t the worst, so what's there to complain about?

Gators were comfortable throughout the game and pulled through every time Mizzou made a run. Can't ask for more.
If it’s not too late, put me down for one of the “We Swept Mizzou” t-shirts you’re having printed.

:lol:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Where would you diehards say the program is?

Seems like we are a few recruits away from being a pretty good if not one of the better teams in the SEC and Golden seems able to recruit.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Seems like we are a few recruits away from being a pretty good if not one of the better teams in the SEC and Golden seems able to recruit.
I think we’re headed in the right direction for the first time since Billy left. That said, basketball is year to year due to the massive roster turnover that occurs damn near everywhere.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

I think we've already proven we belong with the body of work over the course of the season. The vast majority of our games have been competitive and we've played a tough schedule. I'll echo the comment that this is as good as I've seen the program since the Donovan era and the apathy from the Mike White era is fading away.

Golden has shown he's able to recruit and mine the xfer portal and put together a coherent team over the course of the season. He'll need to build on that and have a solid tournament run this year to really capitalize, but there was a Tweet earlier this week that showed this was Florida's 20th 20-win season of the 2000s. Only the usual basketball blue-bloods can say that and we're solidly in that range. It's a distinct advantage we can sell in this conference, even as schools like Bama and Auburn have been better over the last few years.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we've already proven we belong with the body of work over the course of the season. The vast majority of our games have been competitive and we've played a tough schedule. I'll echo the comment that this is as good as I've seen the program since the Donovan era and the apathy from the Mike White era is fading away.

Golden has shown he's able to recruit and mine the xfer portal and put together a coherent team over the course of the season. He'll need to build on that and have a solid tournament run this year to really capitalize, but there was a Tweet earlier this week that showed this was Florida's 20th 20-win season of the 2000s. Only the usual basketball blue-bloods can say that and we're solidly in that range. It's a distinct advantage we can sell in this conference, even as schools like Bama and Auburn have been better over the last few years.

You’re not supposed to talk about the 20 of 20!!!
It contradicts the narrative that we are NOT a basketball school.

You can’t hire and retain a loser like Mike White if you are a basketball school so please refrain.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I would rather watch a Todd Golden team lose than a Mike White team win.
I laughed at first when I read this, but it's true. Mike White was so bad, so infuriating, that I got so apathetic I stopped watching. Golden's teams (especially this year) have been a lot of fun to watch. Gator basketball is entertaining again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.