Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** SEC Tourney - UF vs AU

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not drinking Coach... I just shake my head when a middle aged guy with a name like "Ironhead" with a midlife crisis Harley pic for an avatar lectures that our team should be "embarrassed" for not meeting his expectations of excellence.
I like Ironhead. Top 10 poster without question

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dude, Let it go.
You have no idea who I am.

For the record, I'm about 15 years past a "mid life crisis"... :lol2:
I've been riding Harley's for 30 years....

Scroll on by or put me on ignore.
Not sure why a simple comment on a fn message board during a basketball game has triggered you fn hens.
:scoff3:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, Let it go.
You have no idea who I am.

For the record, I'm about 15 years past a "mid life crisis"... :lol2:
I've been riding Harley's for 30 years....

Scroll on by or put me on ignore.
Not sure why a simple comment on a fn message board during a basketball game has triggered you fn hens.
Oh, we know EXACTLY who you are.
dont be a douche chris pratt GIF by mtv

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Trying to end this guys.
Trying to just let it go.

Why are you so FN Triggered?
I'm trying to learn here, especially from the elderly and wise... is the above an example of when one should "scroll by" or when one should "put me on ignore"?

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm trying to learn here, especially from the elderly and wise... is the above an example of "scroll by" or "put me on ignore"?
Do you know the definition of..."Trying"???
Also, I wasn't responding to you specifically although it's quite apparent you think everything is about...well, You.

Hell, You're a grown assed man, or so you tell everyone, why don't you make the call?

I don't give a ****.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Why is it stupid to move the tournament up so you aren't playing a championship game at 1pm on selection sunday? Was actually asking a real question

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Why is it stupid to move the tournament up so you aren't playing a championship game at 1pm on selection sunday? Was actually asking a real question

Because that would conflict with the other conference championship games. ACC and Big 10 and Pac 12 all have their championship games on Saturday.

SEC has always been Sunday midday--even back when the 04s were winning things.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Because that would conflict with the other conference championship games. ACC and Big 10 and Pac 12 all have their championship games on Saturday.

SEC has always been Sunday midday--even back when the 04s were winning things.
Ah. Not sure why I didn't know that. Well I think that's dumb anyways. >_< all the major conferences should be prime time games. Jmho

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good run be these guys. Auburn is a physical team, so we need to learn from this. Move on to the big dance and make a run!
Yeah, the SEC really allowed these physical teams to get away with murder in the tournament. There’s a reason why the top three teams got wiped out early.

I think it’s actually been going on a little bit longer than that. Pretty much the entire back half of the season they below it.

They’re not going to allow that in the NCAA tournament. I think Auburn gets bounced early.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I had the game on in the background but TBH was not watching that intently as I reported on the baseball game. First and foremost I just hope Handlogten is okay.

As for the game, win or lose both teams were in the tourney. Perhaps each was playing for a move up in seed by one. But honestly does it really matter? All these teams are about the same so not going to get worked up about it, As for the refs, I have no idea, but no need to complain b/c if you have ever watched college hoops, the game changes at tourney time and much more contact is allowed in almost every game. Get with the program.

I had the game on in the background but TBH was not watching that intently as I reported on the baseball game. First and foremost I just hope Handlogten is okay.

As for the game, win or lose both teams were in the tourney. Perhaps each was playing for a move up in seed by one. But honestly does it really matter? All these teams are about the same so not going to get worked up about it, As for the refs, I have no idea, but no need to complain b/c if you have ever watched college hoops, the game changes at tourney time and much more contact is allowed in almost every game. Get with the program.
Not sure what your definition of okay is. He had a compound fracture bleeding out on the court on national television in front of his parents. Really brutal injury. Vanderbilt is an excellent medical center. I assume he will be in the OR today.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, the SEC really allowed these physical teams to get away with murder in the tournament. There’s a reason why the top three teams got wiped out early.

I think it’s actually been going on a little bit longer than that. Pretty much the entire back half of the season they below it.

They’re not going to allow that in the NCAA tournament. I think Auburn gets bounced early.
I think you're wrong.
Historically, they've allowed very physical play in the dance.
The tourney is normally centered and dominated by guards. That, favors a team like us that starts three guards.
The SEC tourney, you're spot on.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think you're wrong.
Historically, they've allowed very physical play in the dance.
The tourney is normally centered and dominated by guards. That, favors a team like us that starts three guards.
The SEC tourney, you're spot on.
Hopefully the team is watching the selection show and subsequent bracketology show on ESPN. Not a single one picking us to go anywhere and most picking us to lose to Colorado in the first round. Unfortunately I expect they are busy worrying about their teammate. Plenty of time to let the disrespect set in all week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator