Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** #UF @ Vandy

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gator sports man. Refuse to let you enjoy success for an extended period.

Inexcusable loss.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
That was one of the worst 2nd halves I’ve ever seen from a player. Clayton cost us this one (as did Todd not having these guys ready to play)
Kugel had 6 turnovers essentially. Richard cost us this with his no existent play as usual. So trash even Kugel had to play

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I tuned in with a couple of minutes left. From what I saw a fairly lackadaisical screw-around ending in a Billy-Bob special. 16th seed Baby!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Good to get a bad win out of the way. They have been playing well up to now. We are in the tournament and that's what matters. We won the games WE had to win. I think they are just mentally worn out from all the close games. Clayton has won us a lot of games. No threes tonite and very physical. Should have kept going inside. Vandy was starved for a win, Were they still on that losing streak?
Lol how do you think this loss looks to the committee for seeding?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I said it early in the year that both Clayton and Kugel play the game in a disinterested and nonchalant fashion, and if that was not proof that Clayton is incredibly lackadaisical except when trying to hoist a 3 I do not know what is. Prior to making that stoopid inbounds pass he played his usual lazy defense and committed a foul on a layup by Vandy. But I do give Vandy credit as they were able to get what they wanted offensively by forcing us to defend action that rendered us clueless at times.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Clayton can’t be allowed to inbound the ball. He ****s it up all the time in late game situations. Toddy has to know better by now. Dreadful loss to a ****ty Vandy team. Even by their lowly standards .
Not all on Clayton, Kugel was just standing there should have come to the ball

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Clayton looked like he spent too much time at Jason Aldean’s bar last night. Totally disinterested.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Knew it was too good to be true when talking heads started calling us “dangerous in the tourney” lol

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I made a huge sum of money.
Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I was downvoted by several for saying Clayton is a liability early in season. He will continue being one for the next month. We have NOONE who can be a leader late in a game. Thats what the teams who play for championships have.

Gators administration is ok with a mediocre sports program. We are now a golf school

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you guys truly want Stricklin gone, you should be hoping Golden fails.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Just finished watching on delay. Game was over and refs literally handed it to Vandy on the phantom foul call on Samuel. Yes, Clayton played awful but it didn’t matter with the 3 point lead and the ball. Samuel wasn’t even close to the player who stumbled out of bounds.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Just finished watching on delay. Game was over and refs literally handed it to Vandy on the phantom foul call on Samuel. Yes, Clayton played awful but it didn’t matter with the 3 point lead and the ball. Samuel wasn’t even close to the player who stumbled out of bounds.
We shouldn't be in the position that refs can affect the outcome vs this candy team

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We shouldn't be in the position that refs can affect the outcome vs this candy team
That’s immaterial to the fact that we made the stop, got the rebound cleanly, and game was over except the refs made a foul call on a player who literally didn’t even brush against the Vandy player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator