***Official Game Thread*** Florida at Oklahoma

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 77-50 at the under 4 timeout. Really good game pulling away from Oklahoma. Robinson has gotten involved as has Egbunu

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hill making some impressive drives to the basket I see. Glad he's making those layups today, seen him miss a bunch before.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The depth of this team is amazing. We always have guys ready to step up when others are struggling. Love what White is building.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 84-52. Another good win, with a good 40 min of play all around. Hayes and Egbunu gave us a bunch down low. Hopefully that keeps going the rest of the season

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Excellent performance. Okie scored 4 points the last 6.5 minutes. Hill and Hayes were great. They responded very well to White's challenge. Keep it up!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
.... and we were thinking how bad LSU was.
OU >> FG%= 28.1% ...... 3pt%= 06.7% ..... FT%= 78.9%. Wow, think if they had shot poorly on FTs.

Hayes ........ 20 pts ........ FG 7/11, 63.6% ........ FT 6/9, 66.7% ... rbs 9 ....asts 2 .... blks 3 .... TOs 1
Egbunu ...... 7 pts ..........FG 1/3, 33.3% ........ FT 5/6, 83.3% ... rbs 7 ....asts 1 ..... blks 1 .... TOs 3
Coaches need to make Egbunu see that over this off-season he needs to acquire a shooting touch (he has none),
a dynamo motor, a steel-grip. Then come back next year and prove himself NBA-worthy. As an inside big-man
he should be shooting a FG% of 60%.

So if Egbunu improves, next year think about having Eggy & a seasoned Hayes inside together a lot.
Then by letting Hester play more/shoot more the rest of this season, we'll have 2 sharpshooters in
Hester & Allen ready for next season. Our future that looks fairly bright for the rest of this season, looks
even brighter for next year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not see the game but the final score suggests this is a good win. Yes Okie is a below average team but it was at their place, they have some talent with final 4 experience and a very good head coach. This is the type of game that Florida athletic teams often teams lay a huge egg (i,e, Arky in football this year, etc.). So good for them and perhaps Mike is making some of the necessary adjustments that have been obvious for quite a while.. Will see myself when I watch the replay.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
In all my years of watching sports, I have never heard the announcers talk less about the game they are supposed to be commentating on than this game. Good riddance Brent and please follow him, Dick.

But yeah that was a really good game overall. Collective team effort. If it wasn't for the commentary, I would have enjoyed it even more.

I watched a bit of it on my cell phone while my wife was driving as we came back from Jacksonville. I had this impression too. All the talked about was Brent's career and UK v. KU.

Oh well it was a nice win and it is great see that UF went to both its bigs and its forwards against such a small team. Also nice to see the under 25 come to pass from the arc.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
That two game losing streak could have gotten out of hand but they have kept it together and smashed two bad teams like they should.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SEC holding their own in the challenge. Currently up 5-3.
Ole Miss hanging tough and KY/KS back and forth for the final 2 games.
Impressive outcome no matter the results of the last 2 games.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mike White looks like he knows exactly what he's doing and is coaching the hell out of these Gators. This team appears be improving as the year rolls along. The Dance isn't the pipe dream that I thought it was for these guys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd also like to add that white has a top 10 class by espn's ratings.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okrahoma OWNED and DESTROYED much to the dismay of the Haters and Complainers on these boards YET AGAIN!! Mike White doin work baby!! He is definitely coaching this team up and using our strengths to our advantage. Okrahoma is not that good BUT this is a good road win as they BEAT WVU on the road earlier in the season. Go Gators!!

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The game was great from what I could see of that split-screen box, with Dick Vitale kissing Musberger again and again on the left. It got ridiculous. I don't think either of them even looked at the damn game for 5 minutes straight, and they were supposed to be calling it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah, I watch the whole game last night and I kept the sound off the whole time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.