***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Charlotte

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Over matched team some good practice against zone especially. Rimmer playing fairly well.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 56-29 at the under 16 timeout.

I will be heading out soon, so someone can keep posting the score updates if you want

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
woodshed_Northfielder.jpg

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida won 87-46. That was a pretty good way to end the neutral site slate. Next game should be at home! Hopefully we can start shooting the ball better at our own arena!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Florida won 87-46. That was a pretty good way to end the neutral site slate. Next game should be at home! Hopefully we can start shooting the ball better at our own arena!
I agree and it was great to get some play from every (I think) player. Some are not really ready but experience will be helpful.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I still am perplexed why we suck at the 3 ball. But, I like that Robinson was 1-1 at the 3 line and went for 15.

These guys have to be pumped to finally be at home in a few days.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I know Charlotte didn't have a lot of inside might, but Hayes made some plays where he got the ball, was patient in gathering himself, and then put up a strong shot. (That also went in, a nice detail.) Liked what he did today.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was a BLOWOUT and over in the opening minutes. We shot 50 percent for the game. We do need to hit more 3s as we had some more wide open ones missed again this game. No complainers tonight on these boards so that is good! Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cheese had 9 points, 3 rebs, 4 assists, and 5 steals. Barry had 16 points, 4 rebs, and 9/10 fts. Rimmer had 3 points, 4 rebs, and 2 blocks in a surprising decent game for him. Hill 6 points, 4 rebs, 5 assists, and 2 steals. WHERE are ALL of of complainers with these guys filling up the stat sheet??!! I know, I know, it was against a crap team who actually has a winning record. I know yall will return when we lose a game. Typical...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also gotta credit Coach Mike White for his defensive gameplan as Charlotte averages 80 POINTS a game and we held them to 46. One of their player averages 20 points a game and we held him to 9 points. Another averages 13 points and got only 2. Also Coach White's offensive gameplan was to go inside on them and that's what we did by outscoring them by 24 in the paint. I know some of yall won't CREDIT Mike White for his overall game plan but tonight he WINS and you LOSE. Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I know Charlotte didn't have a lot of inside might, but Hayes made some plays where he got the ball, was patient in gathering himself, and then put up a strong shot. (That also went in, a nice detail.) Liked what he did today.

The progress of Hayes at the end of last season now carried into this year and the development of Stone means we can start having a bit of confidence in White's program going forward. We can see he can develop players. He really has only had one recruiting class that we have seen on campus but I am ok with what I see recruiting wise.

If everyone with even a possibilitie goes early, I think a starting 5 next year of

PG: Chiozza
SG: Allen
SF: Stone
PF: maybe Stokes
C: Hayes

would be ok. Such a team would need to develop backups really quickly. Hudson could take care of the guard rotation and Gak could spell Hayes. Then just one additional young forward being ready and UF would be more than ok. Of course guys like Egbunu and Robinson might return too.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The progress of Hayes at the end of last season now carried into this year and the development of Stone means we can start having a bit of confidence in White's program going forward. We can see he can develop players. He really has only had one recruiting class that we have seen on campus but I am ok with what I see recruiting wise.

If everyone with even a possibilitie goes early, I think a starting 5 next year of

PG: Chiozza
SG: Allen
SF: Stone
PF: maybe Stokes
C: Hayes

would be ok. Such a team would need to develop backups really quickly. Hudson could take care of the guard rotation and Gak could spell Hayes. Then just one additional young forward being ready and UF would be more than ok. Of course guys like Egbunu and Robinson might return too.
Hudson will be starting in all likelihood. He is the best offensive player we have now. He was the leading scorer in almost all of our scrimmages. I see it as:

Chiozza
Allen
Hudson
Stone
Egbunu/Hayes

I really don't see how Egbunu would leave early...he has no offensive game when anyone tries to play d on him.

That leaves backups:

TBA

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Also gotta credit Coach Mike White for his defensive gameplan as Charlotte averages 80 POINTS a game and we held them to 46. One of their player averages 20 points a game and we held him to 9 points. Another averages 13 points and got only 2. Also Coach White's offensive gameplan was to go inside on them and that's what we did by outscoring them by 24 in the paint. I know some of yall won't CREDIT Mike White for his overall game plan but tonight he WINS and you LOSE. Go Gators!!

I was never a MW hater, but I had my doubts last year. One of the commentators mentioned that Billy's late departure added to MW's challenge.

He seems to be moving in the right direction in Year 2. Funny what 12 months can do to perception. Last year, I had more confidence in Mac and expected White to have a short stay. I'm starting to believe the opposite...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.