***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Incarnate Word

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 68-48. Okauru, Chiozza, and Hudson leading us. Allen and Egor look lie crap Egor airballed and hit just the back board this half on 3pters...dude is Dan Werner lol

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 75-56 at the under 16 timeout. If we can ever get Egor or Allen back clicking then we would be good. Okauru is staring right now

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Report on the radio by Mike and Bill Goss was that White was coaching the team up and telling them to push the pace and that is when we jumped to this huge 20 point lead. CREDIT COACH MIKE WHITE on this scoring burst!! Go Gators!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Report on the radio by Mike and Bill Goss was that White was coaching the team up and telling them to push the pace and that is when we jumped to this huge 20 point lead. CREDIT COACH MIKE WHITE on this scoring burst!! Go Gators!!

You’re the worst

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators WIN!! Hudson, Egor, and Cheese lead the way scoring. White some great adjustments to get this team in position to WIN. Go Gators!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Home a bit early from the game and almost could not believe what I was witnessing against an awful opponent. 34 FG att. in the 1st half, 16 of which were 3 point shots. Almost half against a team that is terrible and even more horrible at playing a zone defense. The book is out. Play zone against UF and they will stand around and jack up 3's. Imagine how we will look against a team who actually has size and can play a good zone defense. then as luck would have it, 5 minutes into the 2nd half we jacked up TEN, yes 10, I repeat TEN 3 point shots, 7 of which were horrendous. After that I stopped counting or looking at the board. I have never seen more quick, non necessary, non rhythm 3 pt. attempts in my life. sure they won, sure they made some shots, but this opponent would be a bad CYA team. I don;t know if it is the coach that is unintelligent, if it is the players that are unintelligent, or a combo of the 2, but right now it is a very poorly coached team. I understand the concept of wanting to be aggressive and not wanting to strangle your guys, but you can play with intelligence at the same time as being aggressive. This team is lacking in basketball IQ. They better learn how to attack a real zone defense and quick, b/c if they don't, they will find it tough to score in the conference games.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing you left the game when you did cause we went on a 17-2 run to blow the game out. Thanks FF!! LOL Go Gators!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 75-60. Completely different team in the 2nd half. Overall the defense had 14 steals in the game. We started hitting our shots as well. Allen wasn't very good again. Most troublesome was Egor. He needs to play off the bench going forward. Aslo, please fix your **** Egor.

Positives: Best game of the year from our Bigs (Hayes and Stone) they were active played good defense and rebounded with intensity. Aslo, best game of the year from Okauru. Man is he growing on me. Solid job and great jumpshot. Needs to keep it up and get some of Egor's min

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Florida wins 75-60. Completely different team in the 2nd half. Overall the defense had 14 steals in the game. We started hitting our shots as well. Allen wasn't very good again. Most troublesome was Egor. He needs to play off the bench going forward. Aslo, please fix your **** Egor.

Positives: Best game of the year from our Bigs (Hayes and Stone) they were active played good defense and rebounded with intensity. Aslo, best game of the year from Okauru. Man is he growing on me. Solid job and great jumpshot. Needs to keep it up and get some of Egor's min

I’m not giving up on this team because we all know these guys can shoot. Just sucks to keep waiting for them to snap out of it.

Sure we have other areas to clean up, but so does every other team. Our biggest issue is how poorly we are shooting and our shot selection (need interior presence to emerge too)

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yep. The rest of the Top 25 has lost at a record pace it seems. We are by far still in it. Just have to get things worked out quick. A good old fashion beat down of Vandy will help....cause if not we may go 0-3 to start the SEC. I think they players will come back rejuvenated and reborn in a since!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yep. The rest of the Top 25 has lost at a record pace it seems. We are by far still in it. Just have to get things worked out quick. A good old fashion beat down of Vandy will help....cause if not we may go 0-3 to start the SEC. I think they players will come back rejuvenated and reborn in a since!

I am with you on this. UF really needs to get that home Vandy game with road games against aTm and UMo immediately after.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Why not over Allen or Hudson?
Both have played really well overall and compliment each other at times. Allen needs to be more agressive and Hudson needs to pay attention on D...but neither is over matched talent wise....vs Incarnate Word lol. Egor boxes out well. That is the only thing he has done well as of late. Is something like 5-37 for 3pters in last 8 games as well. Takes horrible shots that should get him benched on top of that. Plus he isn't a 4 and needs to provide a spark off the bench until he realizes he can't shoot at odd angles and off balance lol

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Both have played really well overall and compliment each other at times. Allen needs to be more agressive

Actually Allen has been in a slump since at least the NCAA tourney last year. Sure he had a big game against Wisconsin and a couple of respectable games against nobodies this season, but he basically has not played well offensively two games in a row for approaching half a season. So I am beginning to think that Allen is trying to do too much and should become less aggressive and let the game come to him more. I know that is a contrarian approach. Still given his well reported on personality, perhaps he needs to go back to being himself UF has plenty of other aggressive offensive players.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Actually Allen has been in a slump since at least the NCAA tourney last year. Sure he had a big game against Wisconsin and a couple of respectable games against nobodies this season, but he basically has not played well offensively two games in a row for approaching half a season. So I am beginning to think that Allen is trying to do too much and should become less aggressive and let the game come to him more. I know that is a contrarian approach. Still given his well reported on personality, perhaps he needs to go back to being himself UF has plenty of other aggressive offensive players.

Allen is not aggressive enough. Coach has he has had to get on him about taking more shots and being more agressive with this offense

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Allen is not aggressive enough. Coach has he has had to get on him about taking more shots and being more agressive with this offense

As I said, I know my view is contrarian. I know what has been said by White and various mediots. Sometimes (really often) the consensus view is wrong and that is what I am suggesting.

Also what I am suggesting is the more typical advice when someone struggles in basketball. Players in a slump are often told to let the game come to them, get to the rim, make a couple of FTs, see the ball go through the net and see if that gets them going. Allen is just the kind of personality who might press when pressured to be more aggressive.

As a team, UF might benefit a bit by not being so aggressive on offense. Perhaps Allen could lead UF in that direction. I also wonder to what extent the pressure to run the offense has affected Allen. He has all the skills to be a solid PG, but maybe not the personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator