***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Mississippi

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I left the game early in the 2nd half for a couple of reasons. Ole Miss is terrible and the same things that I criticized Mike White for last year are the exact same this year. The team has terrible shot selection. They took like 10 3's of their first 15 shots and most of them were after one pass or just b/c they seemed open. Their zone offense is laughable. lazy perimeter passing with no attempt to probe the middle of the zone or even run cutters in there to see what might happen. Lastly, and there is no other way to say it, but Hill and Cheese have basically zero understanding of the basic game of basketball. The sad thing is that many of these issues are within the teams own self control. If White would just look at the whole picture, this team could be quite decent, but they are their own worst enemy most of the time.
I didn't have a problem with the 3pters...the right people were taking them and almost all were not even guarded. Hill did though shoot way too many jumpers not in the flow of the offense. I don't think we were ready for the 1-3-1 zone. We did well against man and the 2-3 zone. Hopefully we keep working on zone offense because we might be seeing them a lot more

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give them a pass considering we were playing a mediocre team on a Tuesday after not playing Saturday. We looked like we weren't inspired from the players to the crowd. Those kinds of games happen to every team, we just can't make it a habit.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Can't do that badly especially FT's. Still too little production from the center position.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Did our check bounce to the sports psychologists who were helping out on the free throw issues?:scratchhead::scratchhead:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So apparently that was a top 50 RPI win. I don't think it'll be one at the end of the season, but it boosts our resume right now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So apparently that was a top 50 RPI win. I don't think it'll be one at the end of the season, but it boosts our resume right now.
You may be right, but Ole Missy's got some decent wins vs. Murray St. and Memphis and only lost to VaTech by 5. They're a decent team that struggled in a tough environment against a good defense. They really only played bad in 2 stretches - one at the end of the first half and another 3-4 minute stretch in the middle of the second. We pretty much avoided those scoreless stretches tonight.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another WIN for the Gators baby!! We did OWN and DESTROY them for most of the game. We let our foot off the gas and that's not due to coaching. He can't hit free throws for them or pass the ball for them. Its a WIN so deal with it!! Go Gators!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While announcing the UK v ? game, the announcer Dick Vitale interrupted his UK gushing to say:
"Florida is the team to watch. White is building a really good team down there."

Interesting > JU scored 124 in their game. 6'7" junior forward Darius Dawkins hit 13 of 17 from 3 point range!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
3 minutes from my prediction coming true. A few things to like. The D for much of the game and forcing 20 turnovers was good. White doesn't hide his feelings in the post game interview. He doesn't say, man they played their tails off. We have a decent shot at starting conference 9-0 or at least 8-1 before we play Kentucky.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Basically, I'm very disappointed with our big's. The just stand around too much.

Thank goodness our defensive pressure is fairly consistent.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Basically, I'm very disappointed with our big's. The just stand around too much.

Thank goodness our defensive pressure is fairly consistent.

I hear you Deuce. I wonder if that has anything to do with not having a coach on staff who use to play the big man positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator