***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Tennessee

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ANOTHER big win for our Gators! Final score not misleading. We dominated at the end and pulled away. OWNED and DESTROYED them in the 2nd half 51-37. Go Gators!! LOVE the black unis too!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't get to see it but sure sounded like a great game. Anytime bUTtchugg loses and at the hands of UF is a great day. Sounds as if this team is improving and will be fun to watch.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Allen, Barry, and Leon stay on course at scoring say 20 + 16 + 14 (= 50) then DRob gets a worthwhile 14,
Hill a reasonable 10, Egbunu hits 6, that's a solid 80 with subs Stone,Rimmer,Hayes, etc together add 9 = 89.

Of course, my optimistic projection relies on these guys continuing in individual improvement along with
some natural team growth. Plus UF spent so much early game-time on blundering sloppiness.
Hope we don't take a fall back.

Our ratings-climb might be slow because UK seems the only respectable SEC team this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am starting to think this team could possibly pull a # 4 or # 5 seed if we can split with Kentucky. I doubt we are struggling at the end hoping to get in like last season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This game was proof that depth and def. pressure will prevail. UT's first five is talented. Young. And that small guy named Admiral was money near the basket. He owns us from what I heard about last year. But we could keep up the intensity to the end where they were shot. Great shooting in the 2nd half. Even with Robinson and the big struggling we had enough step up to get a solid win. AND it is nice to hammer UT. They have had our # in basketball (like we had them in football) for awhile. Crazy how Barry missed two FTs in row. I think they jinxed him at the end with the obligatory Barry stories and shots of mom and dad.............

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
NLI PENALTY: If a prospective student-athlete does not attend the signing institution or attends that institution for less than one full academic year, and enrolls at another NLI institution, he or she may not represent the second institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until completing one academic year in residence at the NLI member institution. Additionally, the prospective student-athlete will lose one season of competition in all sports. While serving the NLI penalty, the prospective student-athlete is permitted to practice and receive athletics aid, if allowed by the institution.

FAILURE TO ENROLL: If a prospective student-athlete was admitted to the signing institution and was initially eligible but fails to enroll at the signing institution, he or she has not fulfilled the NLI agreement to attend the signing institution for one academic year. The NLI would remain binding.

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

None of this matters as players are let out of signed LOI all the time. Several of UK's players Calipari's first year had signed with Memphis but were let out of the LOI to follow him to UK. Heck how did UF get Leon since he signed with LaTech when White was there?

Of course as someone said above, UF has moved on anyway taking the commitment of Okauru.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
None of this matters as players are let out of signed LOI all the time. Several of UK's players Calipari's first year had signed with Memphis but were let out of the LOI to follow him to UK. Heck how did UF get Leon since he signed with LaTech when White was there?
What was posted is the wording....but there are ways around it from what I understand. It's almost never black and white with college sports

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator