***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Tennessee

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is at home today to take on Tennessee at 5:15 PM on ESPN2. We need to keep building on our recent good games. Need to see Egbunu take charge and actually score.

Prediciton:

Florida- 81
Tennessee- 66
POG- Barry

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At 5 PM on ESPN2 ... Arkansas beat UT at Knoxville 82-78, by 4 points. UF beat Arky by 15? at Arky's home.
Go Gators, don't just beat them, do it in with sharp full game. Shoot high controlled FG%. Hit 70+% FT.
Reject lots of shots = get to intimidating inside. Please let our 3s swish near 50% rate. Grow Gators.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This was one of those games UF let get away last year that cost them at seasons end. Hopefully UF can take it 77 to 65 as the ratings say. Maybe Egbunu will be the POG and use his size against an under sized opponent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Egbunu needs to not shoot unless it's a drop-in or a slam. He needs to sure handedly pass back to a close in
shooter ... like Robinson. Also, Egbunu should play with smart-aggressiveness because if he fouls out we can
still be effective without him. Hope we get a big enuf lead to give our Stokes, Stone, Gak, etc playing time.
We need those guys to develop some smoothness and scoring courage.
Please no brain-freeze on coach White's part.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They made Egbunu cry last year.....time for pay back.....lol

Egbunu has the heart of a mice

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Egbunu needs to not shoot unless it's a drop-in or a slam. He needs to sure handedly pass back to a close in shooter ... like Robinson. Also, Egbunu should play with smart-aggressiveness because if he fouls out we can still be effective without him. Hope we get a big enuf lead to give our Stokes, Stone, Gak, etc playing time. We need those guys to develop some smoothness and scoring courage.
Please no brain-freeze on coach White's part.

Egbunu was really effective late in the season last year before he hurt his thumb. This season he has been highly ineffective. Now you are right that UF has shown it can be effective without Egbunu, but I think that it is better to have more flexibility and having an inside back to the basket scorer would give UF more flexibility. A team lacking size might be an opportunity to get Egbunu going.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pumped about this one. UF and Tennessee was probably the biggest rivalry in the conference not too long ago. Hopefully our boys remember the beatdown they gave us last year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Insti, I'm just thinking that we've learned that we aren't lost if Egbunu fouls out. So maybe Egbunu can
discover a new more dynamic Egbunu by his being much more aggressive, especially at going for the
scoring baskets.?? Not stupid fouls, but lack of fear of fouling.?? I'd love to see big E play as powerful
as the bigs on opposing teams seem to play. This would be added excitement and powered growth.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wearing all black at home is a bit odd.
Is it a Nike thing, like these from 2011?
6760866897_0b7fecb0a7.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="blackout"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/EtuE45Xr6RgBO/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Not much action 30 minutes to tip

Attachments

• IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 49

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is idiocy to wear uniforms devoid of your school colors. Where does this black uniform idea come from.
No matter the school, black is the default uniform ??
I hear "R" is the most popular letter. Why don't we wear UR some home games?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 8-6 at the under 16 timeout. Really sloppy early. 4 turnovers for us. Need to take care of the ball

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
It is idiocy to wear uniforms devoid of your school colors. Where does this black uniform idea come from.
No matter the school, black is the default uniform ??
I hear "R" is the most popular letter. Why don't we wear UR some home games?
I don't like them...but I think it was an attitude thing along with getting the crowd involved today with the blaclout

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator