***Official Game Thread: UF at UGA***

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You gotta struggle before you can fly. When I saw DFS, Frazier and Kasey on the bench with 3 minutes left and he put Jacob in I knew we were done and they were getting a lesson in humility. We are struggling. They played good D before the half and cut the lead but could not sustain it. Walker is nothing like we hoped he would be but his attitude is good. I think the Refs fckd us up good with some missed calls but that happens. They gave uga a basket that was wrong. And a jump ball with Chris and a non call on Robinson drive. whatever FCK jawja. They had a Kessler was he related to the old UGA player who was so good.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Here is the deal on this game. WAY too many TOs and sh#tty FT shooting. And that lights out 3 pt shooting to begin the game was a hole we could not climb out of once again Fck ugAY

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n152927 said:
Here is the deal on this game. WAY too many TOs and sh#tty FT shooting. And that lights out 3 pt shooting to begin the game was a hole we could not climb out of once again Fck ugAY

Yep. Turnovers and lousy defense gets you beat on the road every time. Glad Wobs and I didn't drop $250 to go watch that in person.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't win a game on the road playing like we did. Now we are 10-7 and are going to have to go 14-4 and get to the SEC conference title game to get into the NCAAs. Just don't really see it happening as we just don't have that good of a team right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We definitely didn't have it today. Georgia controlled the pace ,turned it into a physical half court game. It definitely made us uncomfortable and we turned it over. Lack of a big man killed us in this game. We didn't defend as consistently as we usually do. I think we're going to struggle big time in these grind it out games.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That was hard to watch..... We have many weaknesses....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n152892 said:
Remember, we've got 2 experienced 6'10" & 6'11" transfer guys coming next year. The question will be will this year's bad
season turn off recruits of any worth ?
Definitely not. We have a scholarship log jam already. Plus we already have already have 2 recruits that have signed their letter of intent. We'll be fine as far as recruiting goes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Walker has to come back for next season 'cause he's so inadequate even in CBB competition. He needs some
pro tutors or something different because what he's been doing hasn't improved him. He is trying.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n153129 said:
Chris Walker has to come back for next season 'cause he's so inadequate even in CBB competition. He needs some
pro tutors or something different because what he's been doing hasn't improved him. He is trying.

Honestly Rog, I wouldn't mind if he went pro. It would free up a roster spot for someone else that may be able to contribute. He's been one of the biggest 5* busts I can recall in hoops. He's a freak athletically, but he has almost ZERO basketball skills.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't think of that solution … guess I'm still thinking he'll have a breakthrough to decency ?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n153358 said:
Didn't think of that solution … guess I'm still thinking he'll have a breakthrough to decency ?

Not trying to bash the kid, but he needs a ton of individual instruction. With the limits on how many hours the coaches can spend with the players, he isn't going to get that in college.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n153359 said:
Not trying to bash the kid, but he needs a ton of individual instruction. With the limits on how many hours the coaches can spend with the players, he isn't going to get that in college.
He's definitely behind this late in the game. My hope is he has a huge jump from sophomore to junior year like Erik Murphy did.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n153941 said:
He's definitely behind this late in the game. My hope is he has a huge jump from sophomore to junior year like Erik Murphy did.

Don't see it happening, t. Murphy was a skilled player when he arrived on campus. He developed some physical maturity along with some mental toughness while here. Walker needs to learn how to shoot, defend, box out, etc.. His game consists of jumping through the roof and dunking the sh*t out of it...nothing more.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n153945 said:
Don't see it happening, t. Murphy was a skilled player when he arrived on campus. He developed some physical maturity along with some mental toughness while here. Walker needs to learn how to shoot, defend, box out, etc.. His game consists of jumping through the roof and dunking the sh*t out of it...nothing more.
I agree. I said it was my hope lol. I like to compare him to Adrian moss. Moss came in very raw and it made me nervous every time he touched the ball. He was ok in a limited role that's kinda where I see him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator