Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why is Kimber still playing?
Agreed. But why is it no matter the coaching staff, UF has some of the dumbest 3rd down and long defensive philosophies I have ever seen? Regardless of the play result you can't give the opponent easy choices on 3rd down and long. You have to force them to think and truly earn a first down.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I think Etienne is hurt. Haven’t seen him since early second corner. Our offense disappeared when he left.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think Etienne is hurt. Haven’t seen him since early second corner. Our offense disappeared when he left.
Not sure that is the reason. The play calling and management of the offense has been dismal. The last drive was a clinic in how not to manage a drive both in clock management and play calling.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not sure that is the reason. The play calling and management of the offense has been dismal. The last drive was a clinic in how not to manage a drive both in clock management and play calling.
Makes no sense on the level that Napier has said he wants us to be a running team, that it's our identity. OTOH, we have recruits in the stands that need to see us pass the ball well.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Makes no sense on the level that Napier has said he wants us to be a running team, that it's our identity. OTOH, we have recruits in the stands that need to see us pass the ball well.
Our OL is average/below average. Short routes and not much running room is the result, the plays are calls and design are consistently blown up by sketchy OL line play. We must get better in the portal in 24 on the LOS or it doesn’t matter what system, coach, or athletes are the skill position. A new OL coach may help to develop talent and recruit but we must get more talent on the line.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Late to this thread as well as late to this bloody game.

What in the Sam Hill are we wearing today? I thought it was Thug U. Srsly. I get it, nice to "honor the military". How about some DESERT CAMO instead of this idiocy? Maybe play some FOOTBALL in the SEC like we used to? I see we're playing up to our gimicky potential today, too. Sorry Gators, but I am standing on the precipice, to turn in my Gator Card. It's not fun anymore. It's become painful, in fact. Peace Out.

Aug 5, 2014
Agreed. But why is it no matter the coaching staff, UF has some of the dumbest 3rd down and long defensive philosophies I have ever seen? Regardless of the play result you can't give the opponent easy choices on 3rd down and long. You have to force them to think and truly earn a first down.
Why pick on 3rd and long? First, second, 3rd and 4th ( of all yardage ) seem very questionable as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.