***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Idaho***

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
latest

You were right, didn't think he'd play EJ yesterday. Thought he'd make Franks play most of it and then insert that 3rd stringer we saw at the end. Hopefully Franks plays good for his standards against Fsu and there's no need for EJ to enter the game next week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You were right, didn't think he'd play EJ yesterday. Thought he'd make Franks play most of it and then insert that 3rd stringer we saw at the end. Hopefully Franks plays good for his standards against Fsu and there's no need for EJ to enter the game next week.
Why would you think that? EJ went into yesterday with two more games of eligibility before sacrificing the redshirt.

I'd have been shocked if Mullen didn't play him.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Coached Vent in JV and Varsity along with son in city league. My buddy (head coach) had since he was 6 of 7 years old. He was our RB and LBr. Really good kid, was shocked when he got himself into trouble.
He looked like a natural, back there. Did not see him out of position.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
I don't know why people are so worried about EJ's redshirt. Not like he will be here for 5 years. The only person it should really matter to is EJ himself, just in case he decides to transfer.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Is it time to try to put Slaton on the OL? His big butt couldnt push the pocket vs Idaho and seems to run out of gas.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Why would you think that? EJ went into yesterday with two more games of eligibility before sacrificing the redshirt.

I'd have been shocked if Mullen didn't play him.

Because I figured one would definitely be bowl game, and Mullen had to save one for the Fsu game in case Franks went down. I thought if Trask were still healthy, then he'd definitely played yesterday. I wasn't the only one on here who thought this. It's all history now, hopefully we won't need EJ against Fsu.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We won't be asking Franks to win the game. He'll be concierge to handing the ball off and a lot of quick, short stuff. That's how he's amassed the high completion rate to this point.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did Scarlett play? Why not?

From Mullen's post-game presser it sounded like Mullen was resting him, not wanting him sore for FSU?
Mullen said, "he should be rested." Mullen mentioned that FSU got enmeshed in a bruising bash-battle with BC.
Hopefully, they'll be physically hampered, as they are mentally hampered.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I didn't think EJ would play. I was wrong.

I believe CDM when he says he wants to preserve the redshirt, but I think winning these next two games trumps that. If we can beat F$U with only Franks, I doubt EJ gets in, but if Franks struggles CDM won't hesitate to put EJ in to make something happen and try to win the game.

Once the bowl game arrives, if EJ has used all 4 games....I can see CDM pulling a struggling Franks and putting in EJ over Trask, burning the redshirt.

All this to say...I have no f'n clue at this point.

Nice win over Idaho. Looking for same over F$U and waiting to see the bowl matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator