Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
How come every time we have an away game our guys are slipping and sliding all over the field? Don't we have a Cleat Coordinator on staff?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Billy will obviously survive this game and all the rest of them this year. But more fans will be looking at him differently now. He will not survive a third year of poor playcalling, tempo, game and clock management on game day. He just won’t.

And if the 2024 class does not stand…he’s toast. We have to keep Lagway and that class intact and hope that Billy has the good sense and balls to adjust. He KNOWS what changes need to be made.

#1 is start bringing some heat to every practice and game. Hold players and coaches accountable. We need fire and passion. #2 is surround elite players with elite coaches. Be the boss…not the coordinator or position coach.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Billy will obviously survive this game and all the rest of them this year. But more fans will be looking at him differently now. He will not survive a third year of poor playcalling, tempo, game and clock management on game day. He just won’t.

And if the 2024 class does not stand…he’s toast. We have to keep Lagway and that class intact and hope that Billy has the good sense and balls to adjust. He KNOWS what changes need to be made.

#1 is start bringing some heat to every practice and game. Hold players and coaches accountable. We need fire and passion. #2 is surround elite players with elite coaches. Be the boss…not the coordinator or position coach.
We will be fortunate to win 1 more game this season. Just look at the schedule and be honest with yourself after this game. The deck is stacked against us. Billy is out of his realm.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Honestly, classes are meaningless at this point. A kid can change his mind 10 minutes after faxing his LOI and is free to transfer anywhere he wants.

And I don’t know that he survives “all the rest of them this year”. If wheels come off I could see a move being made. No one had bumbled their way through two initial seasons and made it. This is getting close to Taggert level in terms of the disaster unfolding. If we only lose to the teams ranked in front of us the rest of the way, we’re 7-5. That becomes a fleeting, almost unrealistic goal. In year 2. At UF. Zero guarantees at this point.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Exactly! Go the fuch around the defense. Broken record be damned, the farking end around that never gets the ball is silly, sophomoric football. 4th and 2, end around never gets the ball and we run up the middle into a line of defenders. The smashmouth team identity is nice, but it makes every game a tough game. He seems hard headed or, pardon me, dim witted.
And who's mouth have we smashed?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, classes are meaningless at this point. A kid can change his mind 10 minutes after faxing his LOI and is free to transfer anywhere he wants.

And I don’t know that he survives “all the rest of them this year”. If wheels come off I could see a move being made. No one had bumbled their way through two initial seasons and made it. This is getting close to Taggert level in terms of the disaster unfolding. If we only lose to the teams ranked in front of us the rest of the way, we’re 7-5. That becomes a fleeting, almost unrealistic goal. In year 2. At UF. Zero guarantees at this point.
They better fire Stricklin before Napier. Can’t allow him to make another hire.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

7-5 is a Pipe Dream.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, we will have to wait until the off-season to see if he hires an OC.

We'll also have to wait until after the regular season to see the results of ESD.

He could (and imo, should) have already assigned on-field assistance to STs. That 4th down penalty gave KY a first down and momentum after our defensive stop. He should have done that before the season started. Then after each game. He can still do it ... today. What's the downside? I mean, every other team in the SEC has an on-field ST coach. Every one of them. And every game our ST has had goofs. STs is a weakness. WTF is the major issue with assigning a coach to ST and at least get rid of the obvious issues? At the very least, it gives BN cover.

Last edited:

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, we will have to wait until the off-season to see if he hires an OC.

We'll also have to wait until after the regular season to see the results of ESD.

He could (and imo, should) have already assigned on-field assistance to STs. That 4th down penalty gave KY a first down and momentum after our defensive stop. He should have done that before the season started. Then after each game. He can still do it ... today. What's the down side?
Not convinced an OC and ST coach will ever get hired. Also not sure it would change that much. Still his offense that coordinator would have to run.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He could (and imo, should) have already assigned on-field assistance to STs. That 4th down penalty gave KY a first down and momentum after our defensive stop. He should have done that before the season started. Then after each game. He can still do it ... today. What's the down side?

When you hear comments like what he said about fans not knowing what they’re talking about,he’s telling you what the downside is in his eyes. He would basically be saying he was a wrong and those people were right. He’s not going to do that, and certainly not willingly. As I said earlier, we could force his hand at the close of this season. But do we even really want someone like that? I don’t. Minus a complete overhaul in mentality and a major show of humility, his time here is in the final hours. And good riddance.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When you hear comments like what he said about fans not knowing what they’re talking about,he’s telling you what the downside is in his eyes. He would basically be saying he was a wrong and those people were right. He’s not going to do that, and certainly not willingly. As I said earlier, we could force his hand at the close of this season. But do we even really want someone like that? I don’t. Minus a complete overhaul in mentality and a major show of humility, his time here is in the final hours. And good riddance.
He’ll get this season. He won’t make it through next year.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not convinced an OC and ST coach will ever get hired. Also not sure it would change that much. Still his offense that coordinator would have to run.
I'm assuming if he does hire an OC he will also back away from the gameday decisions.

If he appoints an assistant to also be ST coordinator (which he can do today) there would be a positive change. (ie don't field the punt inside the ten but DO field the punt (fair catch) on high punts), assure 11 on the field, don't jump into the shield (which I didn't know was a thing... candy a$$ rules now)

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If the wheels really come off now, and I certainly think its possible as I've not seen any sign that this team is tough mentally or physically, then anything could happen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He’ll get this season. He won’t make it through next year.

You’re probably right, but I could see something happening sooner if the right situation arises. Just like Machen was integral in orchestrating the absolute necessity of the Zook firing because of his connections to Meyer, I could see Sasse having no trouble making a move if a promising situation presented itself.

Newgatorfan

Aug 31, 2023
We will be fortunate to win 1 more game this season. Just look at the schedule and be honest with yourself after this game. The deck is stacked against us. Billy is out of his realm.
Yeah, I can’t help but think that there is a fair amount of talent on this team on both sides of the ball… I just think Billy is in over his head… He needs an OC… Because his offensive playcalling has been awful this year overall…. Way too predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.