Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

And Bryce Thornton is on the verge of supplanting Mitchell at safety….
Is Mitchell 14?
If so, that some bish will NOT hit or tackle any damn thing. He needs to be replaced IMO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously it's early in the season, but after the last couple of years it's absolutely beyond belief that UF has the #1 defense in the SEC at the moment.

If this even remotely continues throughout the year, Armstrong certainly deserves some kind of award....and raise.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is Mitchell 14?
If so, that some bish will NOT hit or tackle any damn thing. He needs to be replaced IMO.

The problem with Mitchell, it’s not his play, it’s his attitude. The opponent’s dangerous, but right now he’s worse. Dangerous and foolish. His recruiting profile says it all. Flies by the seat of his pants, totally unpredictable. I know he really is a cowboy, but who’s side is he on?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with Mitchell, it’s not his play, it’s his attitude. The opponent’s dangerous, but right now he’s worse. Dangerous and foolish. His recruiting profile says it all. Flies by the seat of his pants, totally unpredictable. I know he really is a cowboy, but who’s side is he on?
That's right soflagator, he is dangerous!

:chomp:

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously it's early in the season, but after the last couple of years it's absolutely beyond belief that UF has the #1 defense in the SEC at the moment.

If this even remotely continues throughout the year, Armstrong certainly deserves some kind of award....and raise.
fox tv GIF by A Christmas Story Live

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Kentucky will come out all fired up at home and smash the Gators in the mouth in the first quarter. But the Gators mental toughness will have them answering the challenge and weathering the storm. I see the Gators winning in Lexington and sealing the deal in the fourth quarter by adding an extra touchdown on a long drive by running down the clock. Not boring but imposing your will on your opponent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky will come out all fired up at home and smash the Gators in the mouth in the first quarter. But the Gators mental toughness will have them answering the challenge and weathering the storm. I see the Gators winning in Lexington and sealing the deal in the fourth quarter by adding an extra touchdown on a long drive by running down the clock. Not boring but imposing your will on your opponent.
I think UF is going to grab an early lead and never relinquish it.

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017

My hope is that someone does not snap him up and he sticks with the program.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
But the Gators mental toughness will have them answering the challenge and weathering the storm.

General question to all, as I've not paid this much attention to detail...but has either side of the ball had to adjust in a game yet? Offensively, we know CBN's preferred gameplay, but when falling behind does he lean more to pass? Or is it simply run first, all the time? We have 1.3y of his offense to know this (tainted by what he could call last year given the talent). On defense, we've only had 3 games with AA, and I don't think he's been in a situation where he had to adjust. Seems the defense has been handling things well. Always room for improvement, but I don't recall any adjustments being needed. Anyone?

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023
Once again, the return of Kingsley Eguakun has a positive effect on the run game.

The elite defensive stats of Kentucky prove to be fools gold that were acquired vs laughable competition (Ball St, Akron, E Kentucky, Vanderbilt).

Vs said teams Devin Leary is throwing at least 1 INT per game. No reason the skilled Gator DBs can't come away with at least 2 picks.

Gators hold UK to under 3.5 YDS/Carry as they have each opponent so far.

The crowd and defensive scheme of Stoops trip up UF a few times, but the offense does relatively well.

Smack delivers once again with 3 FG.

30-16 UF-UK (10 UF points off turnovers)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
General question to all, as I've not paid this much attention to detail...but has either side of the ball had to adjust in a game yet? Offensively, we know CBN's preferred gameplay, but when falling behind does he lean more to pass? Or is it simply run first, all the time? We have 1.3y of his offense to know this (tainted by what he could call last year given the talent). On defense, we've only had 3 games with AA, and I don't think he's been in a situation where he had to adjust. Seems the defense has been handling things well. Always room for improvement, but I don't recall any adjustments being needed. Anyone?
Good question.
IMO
Defense:

I thought the scheme needed to be adjusted with Charlotte's running QB. They were too aggressive on his keepers and had several "shoestring" type tackles after over pursuits. That's the only adjustment I thought should have been made but wasn't.

Offense:
He came out passing the first two drives against Tenn. Mixed in the run quit well. It looked like (imo) he passed to set up the run. That was against the cover two they played in the first half. Second half, when they stacked the box, he ran right into it.

To answer your question: I haven't seen either side of the ball make any noticeable half time adjustments. It looks like they both come in with a plan, then stick to it.

We are a really young team... so in game adjustments at this stage may be a bridge too far.

I'm not sure we have a true "identity" on either side of the ball.

Game 5 with a new DC and mostly a new team.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Regardless of where we’re currently at, what time slot do you think is warranted for a game with only one of the teams ranked? If we were inside the top 5, we’d probably still be a 12:00 kickoff. In this particular case, this is more about them(and maybe the other SEC lineup that day) than us.

Anyway, let’s be honest here. It won’t be the first time you’ve started drinking at 6am.
Hope it's his (NV's) best and not his last.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That would be great. We just do not know which team to expect, the one that spanked Tenn or that struggled last week. Can Napier get the team ready? Well, last season the trend was "no", but this is a different team, different and invested players. Teams take on their staff's demeanor so I expect D to be fast, and offense to have a slow start.
To answer your question: I haven't seen either side of the ball make any noticeable half time adjustments. It looks like they both come in with a plan, then stick to it.

We are a really young team... so in game adjustments at this stage may be a bridge too far.

I'm not sure we have a true "identity" on either side of the ball.
Post game "we had a plan coming in" is the worst. If kentucky loads the box and staff stubbornly tries to prove 7 can move 8 it could be very disappointing. We will not be out talented by KY, perhaps out coached. Hopefully a win, then some post game discussion that identifies how the offense appeared to be adjusted and progressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator