Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Billy will obviously survive this game and all the rest of them this year. But more fans will be looking at him differently now. He will not survive a third year of poor playcalling, tempo, game and clock management on game day. He just won’t.

And if the 2024 class does not stand…he’s toast. We have to keep Lagway and that class intact and hope that Billy has the good sense and balls to adjust. He KNOWS what changes need to be made.

#1 is start bringing some heat to every practice and game. Hold players and coaches accountable. We need fire and passion. #2 is surround elite players with elite coaches. Be the boss…not the coordinator or position coach.
Does he really know what’s wrong?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You forgot to mention losing every scrum, every foot race, our "higher rated" players getting caught from behind constantly from lower rated guys on Vandy, UK, UCF, Oregon State....

Trust me I beat everyone to the punch on Karl being a dope BUT we are not NEARLY as talented, strong or fast as probably half of the teams in CFB regardless of what some kids recruiting ranking said AFTER he got offered from UF.

Unless you called his hire a bad one a few minutes after it was announced, you didn’t beat several people to the punch.

Regarding talent level, we haven’t done a good job developing them. They get here but find out the S&C program is so abysmal they hire their own trainers, they aren’t pushed past their limits when they lose. As a matter of fact, when they lose because they do something stupid like throwing a shoe after a 3rd down stop, they’re rewarded by being named captain the week after. It all ties together.

You really think the ranking services miss so badly on ranking the players such that Kentucky can consistently fail to break the top 25 while we’re consistently top 12 and that is the reason for the on field results? Rather than attributing it to the more logical reason of Kentucky’s staff just doing a better job with player development, teaching the fundamentals, getting their team ready to play and doing a much better job with the O & D schemes than us? You’re kidding yourself if that’s what you believe.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Well the Barn team that has very limited talent this year just put up a good fight today, but I know it was at home. Still that is not supposed to happen in a new coach's FIRST year, is it?:dunno:
Only in Gainesville. First year coaches do pretty well everywhere else.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Really thought a win today made 7 on the season quite doable, with the chance to win 8. Now it feels we go to Jax 4-3.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trash can offense and program, gotta get a better coaching staff so we can get better and back into national contention

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Unless you called his hire a bad one a few minutes after it was announced, you didn’t beat several people to the punch.

Regarding talent level, we haven’t done a good job developing them. They get here but find out the S&C program is so abysmal they hire their own trainers, they aren’t pushed past their limits when they lose. As a matter of fact, when they lose because they do something stupid like throwing a shoe after a 3rd down stop, they’re rewarded by being named captain the week after. It all ties together.

You really think the ranking services miss so badly on ranking the players such that Kentucky can consistently fail to break the top 25 while we’re consistently top 12 and that is the reason for the on field results; rather than attributing it to the more logical reason of Kentucky’s staff just doing a better job with player development, teaching the fundamentals, getting their team ready to play and doing a much better job with the O & D schemes than us? You’re kidding yourself if that’s what you believe.
Yes, actually I said that before he was hired.

After watching the game today can you honestly sit here and say UF is more talented? That would be plain silly. Look as I just explained in another thread over the last 15 years as our coaching has gotten worse so has been the evaluation process of players which also explains our lack of success using the portal....part of the reason our recruiting rankings end up higher is simply because we and other schools offer the same kids....we just end up taking a lot more of other top schools "plan B's"...and then do nothing to develop them any further.
In other words you could put UF's current players in the best system and with the best coaching and you're still not winning a NC....At best their probably an 8-4/9-3 type team at best which is still worlds better than we'll end up being with Karl.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can I use this quote, or have has it already been copyrighted?

Yes. But just understand, when you throw it out in a Monday morning firing at the office, it won’t have nearly the same impact. There may even be some measure of confusion.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can I? Yes. Can every single rating agency? Yes also. Can you? Apparently not.
Wow, just wow.....are we talking about the players as they played today or as 17 year old HS recruits? Take off your OB glasses Bud....we were physically beaten, out ran, out hit....you name it.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
After watching the game today can you honestly sit here and say UF is more talented? That would be plain silly.
In fact, everyone on here is stating the objective fact that we have, on the whole, more talented players than UK. You seem to be the silly one that claims he doesn't believe in Billy's tenure, but wants to continue last year's "lack of talent" excuse for his inability to coach at the level necessary to even compete at the level expected at UF.

The excuse was questionable last year, but this year it is inexcusably wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow, just wow.....are we talking about the players as they played today or as 17 year old HS recruits? Take off your OB glasses Bud....we were physically beaten, out ran, out hit....you name it.

That’s being outcoached, Crete. Has nothing to do with the product itself. You were a chef. If you and I were given the exact same ingredients, but your dish was simply better than mine, would that change the fact that we had the same ingredients? And we’re not saying it’s night and day better like it was in the 90s. But we are more talented top to bottom than they are. What we’ve done with that talent is a separate issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.