***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Did anyone record the end of the game on CBS? Did I really hear CBS overlay a Petty track over LSU highlights?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:puke:
Sorry, it's taking me a little longer to get over watching us play...

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Maybe this was discussed previously, but I haven't read through this whole thread.

Here is a screen shot of the "simultaneous" catch. IF it had been reviewed, and it would have shown Duke as the first player with two hands touching the ball (albeit just the finger tips of his left hand) do you think the call would have been reversed? What is the rule concerning this?

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.16.09 PM.png

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe this was discussed previously, but I haven't read through this whole thread.

Here is a screen shot of the "simultaneous" catch. IF it had been reviewed, and it would have shown Duke as the first player with two hands touching the ball (albeit just the finger tips of his left hand) do you think the call would have been reversed? What is the rule concerning this?

View attachment 7383

They called it simultaneous possession, which goes to the receiver. Kinda like “tie goes to the runner” in baseball. And while I hated to see it, I thought it was the correct call.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
They called it simultaneous possession, which goes to the receiver. Kinda like “tie goes to the runner” in baseball. And while I hated to see it, I thought it was the correct call.

That much I know.

My question is in regards to IF they'd reviewed it, it would have shown that Duke caught it a split second before the LSU WR. Is that enough to overturn it.

I need to know for possible future reference. :)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That much I know.

My question is in regards to IF they'd reviewed it, it would have shown that Duke caught it a split second before the LSU WR. Is that enough to overturn it.

I need to know for possible future reference. :)

It was such a ”bang-bang” play, I doubt it would be overturned, IMHO.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
UF is ranked #114 in punt return yards with a TOTAL of 15 yds on the SEASON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator