Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We got our best OL and WR through the portal and a pretty good RB who if not our best is right there. I wouldnt say we're doing terrible.
I'm sure BN did what he could do, just saying the the old rebuilding process is as antiquated as our facilities use to be. Have to recruit portal as hard HS kids, maybe more so for semi proven high upside/impact players. At the very least to fill gaping holes. Then the NIL thing .... Just seems we're always playing catch up.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I'm sure BN did what he could do, just saying the the old rebuilding process is as antiquated as our facilities use to be. Have to recruit portal as hard HS kids, maybe more so for semi proven high upside/impact players. At the very least to fill gaping holes. Then the NIL thing .... Just seems we're always playing catch up.
We're coming off 3 of the worst HCs we've had in a long time in Boom, Sharkboy n Cousin Eddie. Not gonna fix this overnight.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We're coming off 3 of the worst HCs we've had in a long time in Boom, Sharkboy n Cousin Eddie. Not gonna fix this overnight.
Thats why I bring up the portal, immediate impact potential. I want him to recruit the portal like he us recruiting High Schoolers. He is getting the commits from HS, I want more ROI from the portal. The portal is him selling himself and his vision, nothing to do with previous coaches

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
My concern is the Loss to LSU, who is also rebuilding and also under a first year head coach.
Maybe my confidence in Napier was artificially inflated after beating Utah.
If the team that played Utah showed up every week, we would probably be 6-1
Tired of hearing the talent gap BS.

Hell, I'm watching Ole Miss win big, I'm watching Tennessee beat Bama , with LESS TALENT.

No, I'm under no illusions that a first year coach can somehow win the east and strike fear across the country.

What I do expect though, Is a first year coach to bring his team to the stadium well prepared, fired up and ready to compete EVERY week.
The Utah game, we were ready. Even if we had lost that game, I would have still been solidly on the Napier Train.
We played well, we were intense, we left it all on the field and, I felt like there was a great game plan and the team executed.
Same was True in Knoxville.
We just came up short.

Last night was ugly. Just a team that didn't seem well prepared.
This was a rivalry game. We were flat.

Hard loss to take. For me, Probably worse than losing to Kentucky, at home.
This LSU team was on it's heels.

Bad loss.
Ugly loss.

Personally, I don't know where to turn now.
I'm basically one of those fans that's dejected after a loss for the entire weekend but, by Wednesday, I'm sure we are going to turn it around and beat Georgia in Jacksonville.
I don't think I can get there this week, or even the week before the game.
I've lost all confidence in this staff.
Not saying I want a change, that's stupid and not even on the radar.

I am saying, Billy needs to turn this ship around.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Billy has a few to throw off the ship before we can turn it around. Yes, losing to LSU sucks. I live in LA for cryin out loud. Now I gotta hear **** all week.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thats why I bring up the portal, immediate impact potential. I want him to recruit the portal like he us recruiting High Schoolers. He is getting the commits from HS, I want more ROI from the portal. The portal is him selling himself and his vision, nothing to do with previous coaches
I think some are overrating the portal. One must remember there is a reason players are transferring.

That's not to say some experience can't be found there, but they aren't transferring because they were the best of the best

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just a bad, ugly loss. Defense was atrocious! Pass game was abysmal. In game coaching decisions plain stupid.

Other than that, it was great!
Mr Bean Beach GIF by Working Title

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to remember, did they at least have to punt last night?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Billy has a few to throw off the ship before we can turn it around. Yes, losing to LSU sucks. I live in LA for cryin out loud. Now I gotta hear **** all week.
I work in the power industry and a lot of these guys come from the 318 if you know what I mean, and I got to hear it all day long

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit.

And then recruit some more.

And beat the leghumpers.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
With the biggest support staff in college football you would think someone could figure out you don’t play 15 yards off a wide out when they need 6 yards for a first down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator