Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs McNeese State***

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Many pumpers wanted him to get another year lol they are like those japanese ww2 soldiers that kept fighting until the late 70s or even early 80s
I can't forget my favorite Muschamp defense from the pumpers: "you're going to chase him off and he's going to be a great coach at another school!"

That was my favorite of the bunch.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
@jdh5484
Look, I’m all for hating on Vacationing Dan, but at some point, the blame for shytty performances falls on the current head coach.

He had to know that Utah would be bringing pressure knowing that the oline was inexperienced and playing together for the first time. The lack of quick game has hurt this team for 14 games now.

We don’t have a generational athlete playing qb anymore who can bail us out of offensive line issues, so you have to scheme to what you have.
Haven't had a generational QB talent since Tebow.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I agree. He’s responsible for the product on the field. He could’ve brought in upperclassman in the portal.
Could have. I personally don't want any turncoats. Guy comes to Florida, works his butt off, plays based on his talent and drive and graduates in 4 or 5 years. That's the model I want my coach to use.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Could have. I personally don't want any turncoats. Guy comes to Florida, works his butt off, plays based on his talent and drive and graduates in 4 or 5 years. That's the model I want my coach to use.
Won’t work in today’s world. You’re going to have to pop in transfers every now and then to shore up weak spots.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Will be interesting to see how FSU, LSU, and, on the extreme side, Colorado, fair over this season and next because they've built their team using transfers.

I still want players that want to be Gators first. But I'm afraid I may be stuck in the past.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I still want players that want to be Gators first. But I'm afraid I may be stuck in the past.
I’m afraid that's just the world of college ball these days.
There will all ways be a few that really bleed Orange and Blue but most bleed gr$$n.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I cannot wait for our physical dominance over the lesser opponent to confirm Napier's offensive scheme leading up to the Tennessee game, which post Tennessee will be "well, we saw how well it worked last week, we'll just have to work harder this week in practice."

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Will be interesting to see how FSU, LSU, and, on the extreme side, Colorado, fair over this season and next because they've built their team using transfers.

NTTAWWT.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Even if that results in 6-6 or worse?

Those days of the rah rah homer type players are over. Very few players commit to a school anymore because of some kind of nostalgia or pride. It’s NIL or “how can this coach help me get drafted in the first two rounds?”.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Even if that results in 6-6 or worse?

Those days of the rah rah homer type players are over. Very few players commit to a school anymore because of some kind of nostalgia or pride. It’s NIL or “how can this coach help me get drafted in the first two rounds?”.
Even then. Better 0-10-1 than be a thinly veiled D league for overpaid athletes.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Fans are being encouraged to wear white….we’re doing a white out….against McNeese State.

Robot Wtf GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
OK, that goes a long way to having Mowins call the game. Perhaps we go to the sideline a bit more during the game.

BUT, Mowins still sucks.
I can grit my teeth and get through it, but my wife cannot watch anything Mowins calls. I’ll try to sync the radio broadcast.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
What do I want to see this weekend?

1. Run the ball well. Thinking about a few years ago when we couldn’t run against Charleston or Richmond or whoever the early cupcake was. Find the right combo on the OL. Switching 1 guy can make a huge difference.

2. Defensive discipline vs. an (undermanned) Air Raid offense. DL get your hands up, the ball is coming out quickly every play. DBs will need to pick their spots to jump routes. Tackle well.

3. Special teams flawless.

4. Get focused and ready for Ut.

5. Mertz take the deeper shots and hit them. OL give him time to make those reads.

Oh, and just a dream but the ultimate fix for one mental error: QUIT ASSIGNING THE SAME NUMBER TO 2 PLAYERS! Just stop it. It’s dumb and has cost you a ton.

This single digit fad is annoying, too. No one over 250 lbs should have a single digit.

And if two guys have the same last name, the fact they have different numbers is plenty to identify them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and just a dream but the ultimate fix for one mental error: QUIT ASSIGNING THE SAME NUMBER TO 2 PLAYERS! Just stop it. It’s dumb and has cost you a ton.
Every college team in America has a whole bunch of players with duplicate numbers. There aren't enough numbers to go around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator