Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs McNeese State***

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to tape it and consider playing it back. They took care of that plan with Beth on the call. Now what.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Agree with Marine1 anything less than hanging half a hundred on these guys is a step in the wrong direction.
And I’m just talking about the first half.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I was worried we wouldn't have any jOURney vids this year. I'm glad we didn't have to go our separate ways. Instead we won't stop believing in our team, faithfully.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Turn the sound off and tune into WRUF for play by play.
I'm not listening live. So syncing sound and video is too much trouble. I might watch it and turn the sound off. What's she going to say that I care to hear anyway. It's not so much that she's a woman announcing a football game. Its that she's trying to sound like a man calling a football game and she has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Can we just please have Mertz hand the damn ball off and stop this RPO nonsense? He’s like Brantley, not going to make anyone worry about him running the ball. How better would the running game be if you just stick the damn ball in the RBs belly and give them a chance to hit a gap? My do they need a cupcake right now.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can we just please have Mertz hand the damn ball off and stop this RPO nonsense? He’s like Brantley, not going to make anyone worry about him running the ball. How better would the running game be if you just stick the damn ball in the RBs belly and give them a chance to hit a gap? My do they need a cupcake right now.
For real. I wouldn't even mind just a pitch to TNT and let him take off with their speed to the perimeter. Not talking an option play either. Just a simple pitch after getting the snap to the wide side of the field.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
For real. I wouldn't even mind just a pitch to TNT and let him take off with their speed to the perimeter. Not talking an option play either. Just a simple pitch after getting the snap to the wide side of the field.
Hell yes! We have 2 stud Brahma Bulls at RB, how about we give them the ball as soon as we can with a head of steam?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can we just please have Mertz hand the damn ball off and stop this RPO nonsense? He’s like Brantley, not going to make anyone worry about him running the ball. How better would the running game be if you just stick the damn ball in the RBs belly and give them a chance to hit a gap? My do they need a cupcake right now

Hell yes! We have 2 stud Brahma Bulls at RB, how about we give them the ball as soon as we can with a head of steam?
I know the Pistol (shotgun) is an offense that many like to run. But with a QB like Mertz (not criticizing him) but you'd dang sure think play action would work better against defenses if he lined up occasionally under center and after handing off or pitch/sweep to a RB hit the play fake.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

They are running against a 7 or 8 man front. Behind an OL that is suspect at best. I don't think you've thought your cunning plan all the way through.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They are running against a 7 or 8 man front. Behind an OL that is suspect at best. I don't think you've thought your cunning plan all the way through.
:what: Yes, you would definitely need more than 5 blocking and everyone has been loading the box forever.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Well the 2 former Gator OL that I watched the game with in SLC told me that’s the way to beat the 8/9 in the box. But what do they know, only about 20yrs in the NFL between the 2.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Well the 2 former Gator OL that I watched the game with in SLC told me that’s the way to beat the 8/9 in the box. But what do they know, only about 20yrs in the NFL between the 2.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not listening live. So syncing sound and video is too much trouble. I might watch it and turn the sound off. What's she going to say that I care to hear anyway. It's not so much that she's a woman announcing a football game. Its that she's trying to sound like a man calling a football game and she has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say.
Just tape it and mute the sound. Go to youtube and find the fight song, play it everytime we score. For a real experience, play Petty between the 3rd and 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator