Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Losing by a couple of touchdowns would be sad, but not unexpected and bearable. Losing by 1 point would be unbearable since it would mean we blew a game we could have/should have won.
Playing crappy will be unbearable.
Playing well and losing will be tolerable but not fun.
Winning...ugly, OT, blowout will be most excellent

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I would’ve been fine. The Lsu people on the other hand…
Corn dogs and hot sauce makes em crazy
College Sports Football GIF by LSU Tigers

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
What will y'all do when it goes home and home?

It's coming. The talking heads have already started talking.

This seems true and ridiculous. Kirby better keep winning, because this will piss off even his bigger supporters who also love their annual trip to the Islands and this game. One guy bytching, while having great recruiting success anyway, is going to ruin one of college football's great traditions and atmospheres. It isn't even about more money or the dwags not being competitive (as it was argued during the SOS era). Problem is that they were so desperate for a title, that smarts is now the most powerful man in the damn state.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This seems true and ridiculous. Kirby better keep winning, because this will piss off even his bigger supporters who also love their annual trip to the Islands and this game. One guy bytching, while having great recruiting success anyway, is going to ruin one of college football's great traditions and atmospheres. It isn't even about more money or the dwags not being competitive (as it was argued during the SOS era). Problem is that they were so desperate for a title, that smarts is now the most powerful man in the damn state.
I have mixed feelings. We are losing some great traditions. I miss playing the U and AUB.

However, home and home would be great for Gainesville and recruiting.

But in the end your or my opinions won't matter. It will be about $$$$$.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
But in the end your or my opinions won't matter. It will be about $$$$$.
But this decision appears to not be about $$$ at all, or at least only in such a convoluted and indirect manner (if the schools recruit better, win more, make more, and make up for not doing the Jax game). But, the schools get nothing from the towns making more. The current impetus is Kirby and only Kirby. Napier's seems himself to view the game as a nuisance from his lack of support for it and generally blaise response to questions about the game's tradition.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I get it, but none of those UGAly teams were anywhere near the #1 ranking they are today, especially when Richt and Ray Goof was at the helm.
Go watch the UGA Missouri game then tell me this Dwag team is some unbeatable force of nature. Kent fuching State made them look very average.

Who the fuch is demanding a win? But you guys demanding everyone bow down to this immovable object Bulldog team, you know, the one that used to be your bitter rival but now is your daddy? Go get a towel and wipe your chins for fuchs sake.

And anyone who thinks it’s outrageous to expect improvement from the coaching staff after a bye week is a nut case or trolling. They already told us no personnel changes to the defense depth chart. Okay, well then it’s on you to do a better job with these same guys because 108th in total defense and dead last on 3rd down isn’t all that funny anymore now that the novelty has worn off.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
But this decision appears to not be about $$$ at all, or at least only in such a convoluted and indirect manner (if the schools recruit better, win more, make more, and make up for not doing the Jax game). But, the schools get nothing from the towns making more. The current impetus is Kirby and only Kirby. Napier's seems himself to view the game as a nuisance from his lack of support for it and generally blaise response to questions about the game's tradition.
You don't think the school would make more money with home and home?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Go watch the UGA Missouri game then tell me this Dwag team is some unbeatable force of nature. Kent fuching State made them look very average.

Who the fuch is demanding a win? But you guys demanding everyone bow down to this immovable object Bulldog team, you know, the one that used to be your bitter rival but now is your daddy? Go get a towel and wipe your chins for fuchs sake.

And anyone who thinks it’s outrageous to expect improvement from the coaching staff after a bye week is a nut case or trolling. They already told us no personnel changes to the defense depth chart. Okay, well then it’s on you to do a better job with these same guys because 108th in total defense and dead last on 3rd down isn’t all that funny anymore now that the novelty has worn off.
Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You don't think the school would make more money with home and home?
No. They've adjusted for that in their annual Jax negotiations. They get less revenue per year, but also get revenue every year instead of every other year. Plus, the amount per year exceeds the gate on every other year.

You would also lose the national attention this game brings due to its atmosphere. That has real value as well. I'm sure there are arguments each way, and the dwags argued this in prior years successfully increasing the payout, but this is just about kirby wanting one more home recruiting weekend. Funny part is I think they accomodated him recently and allow the teams to host recruits when they are the "home" team for the game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
With so many traditions gone in college football FFS lets just keep one of the best ones. UF and uga in Jax is excellent. We need fcknnn dwags in Gville like we need more retirees. Keep them up in Duval county where the sea breeze keeps the stench moving...............I hear we get great money each year there. More than if we get our check every other year.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
No. They've adjusted for that in their annual Jax negotiations. They get less revenue per year, but also get revenue every year instead of every other year. Plus, the amount per year exceeds the gate on every other year.

You would also lose the national attention this game brings due to its atmosphere. That has real value as well. I'm sure there are arguments each way, and the dwags argued this in prior years successfully increasing the payout, but this is just about kirby wanting one more home recruiting weekend. Funny part is I think they accomodated him recently and allow the teams to host recruits when they are the "home" team for the game.
But the city loses money.
There are over 10k more seats
All the concession money.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
A lot of empty seats on our side. Maybe, they are still getting slosshed at the tailgate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.