Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not broken up about this loss, it was foretold in the stars!

I don't think we {fans} learned anything new but maybe our youngsters will learn what a real SEC Power Team looks and plays like...

I still think out Future is Bright! :pumper:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t disagree that it was spotted horribly and we should’ve just rammed it. But I will also freely admit that I would have been livid if we tried a conventional inside push and didn’t get it against that type of DL. We got aggressive and it backfired. If ETN is able to pass it and there’s a streaking WR down the sidelines for a 14-10 lead, we’re all thrilled. It just didn’t work. But totally agree that it was over right there. We don’t have the horse to hang in this game, especially down a score or two. But that almost validates the call. At this time, we have to go outside the conventional wisdom to compete with them. It sucks, and this isn’t to say Napier is 100% the guy, but the damage was done by people above him and few if any coaches were going to come in and compete with them right away. They’ve won 25 straight for a reason, smoked Ala and Saban in the NCG, would’ve beaten them last year and will beat them again this year unfortunately. It’s reality. They aren’t just rolling us.
We already put it on film in the last game . Trick plays and reverses don’t work against that bunch . They play assignment football. It was beyond idiotic to even put ETN in a position to throw the football on fourth down . It was a stupid sunbelt play call by a dumbass sunbelt coach .

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t disagree that it was spotted horribly and we should’ve just rammed it. But I will also freely admit that I would have been livid if we tried a conventional inside push and didn’t get it against that type of DL. We got aggressive and it backfired. If ETN is able to pass it and there’s a streaking WR down the sidelines for a 14-10 lead, we’re all thrilled. It just didn’t work. But totally agree that it was over right there. We don’t have the horse to hang in this game, especially down a score or two. But that almost validates the call. At this time, we have to go outside the conventional wisdom to compete with them. It sucks, and this isn’t to say Napier is 100% the guy, but the damage was done by people above him and few if any coaches were going to come in and compete with them right away. They’ve won 25 straight for a reason, smoked Ala and Saban in the NCG, would’ve beaten them last year and will beat them again this year unfortunately. It’s reality. They aren’t just rolling us.
Matthew Bingo GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sucks to See FSU rolling in year 3. Does anyone see that happening with Billy Napier?

It’s year 4 for MN technically. He missed a bowl by losing to a coach less UF team led by Emory Jones to finish year 2. They got traction last year. Still think we beat them this season.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Sad but true! We were out classed in coaching. Which means we were out classed on all phases of the game.
And that's not going to change. As long as Kirby is there, he will, at the very least, recruit even with us (he is out recruiting us now even though it is closer than it has been in a long time.

We just don't have a HC who is going to out coach even a pedestrian HC.

He is NEVER going to have significantly better players than UGA and/Bama unless their coaching changes. Not better enough players to overcome his coaching short comings like he had in the Sunbelt.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And that's not going to change. As long as Kirby is there, he will, at the very least, recruit even with us (he is out recruiting us now even though it is closer than it has been in a long time.

We just don't have a HC who is going to out coach even a pedestrian HC.

He is NEVER going to have significantly better players than UGA and/Bama unless their coaching changes. Not better enough players to overcome his coaching short comings like he had in the Sunbelt.
I’m not buying this. It’s a helluva lot easier to make play calls offensively and defensively when you’re dominant on the line of scrimmage.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
We ran that play recently. They were ready for it. And blocking. Smdh

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We already put it on film in the last game . Trick plays and reverses don’t work against that bunch . They play assignment football. It was beyond idiotic to even put ETN in a position to throw the football on fourth down . It was a stupid sunbelt play call by a dumbass sunbelt coach .

They absolutely play assignment football and yes, we put it on film. That said, again, they also play great upfront. I didn’t like the call, but don’t assume we just line up and get a first running off tackle either. If you think we should’ve been more creative with something different, I won’t argue that.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I’m not buying this. It’s a helluva lot easier to make play calls offensively and defensively when you’re dominant on the line of scrimmage.
And when are we going to EVER out recruit UGA or Bama with their current staffs? At best we might get even with them. Then CBN will have to out coach someone. I don't see any evidence from any of his coaching stops that he is remotely capable of that.

Go ahead and point me to one game he has out coached the opposition with equal talent. I'll hang up and listen!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
At the very least, the ball should have been marked an inch short of the first-down marker instead of two feet.

Which in Napier's warped mind would have meant it was flea flicker time.

I would have said Statue of Liberty, but flea flicker is a definite possibility.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a foot to go and we asked our running back to complete a pass. It’s like asking an engineer to go sell something . Stupid as **** is an understatement! And example 8,172 that clueless Billy ain’t it. Not even close. The truth is he’s never been worth a **** as a play caller .

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And when are we going to EVER out recruit UGA or Bama with their current staffs? At best we might get even with them. Then CBN will have to out coach someone. I don't see any evidence from any of his coaching stops that he is remotely capable of that.

Go ahead and point me to one game he has out coached the opposition with equal talent. I'll hang up and listen!
Tennessee

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was a foot to go and we asked our running back to complete a pass. It’s like asking an engineer to go sell something . Stupid as **** is an understatement! And example 8,172 that clueless Billy ain’t it. Not even close. The truth is he’s never been worth a **** as a play caller .

From your own 34 and against the game's best defense you're going to entrust a critical fourth-down pass to a running back. It's hard to wrap my mind around how illogical that is.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From your own 34 and against the game's best defense you're going to entrust a critical fourth-down pass to a running back. It's hard to wrap my mind around how illogical that is.
More on the job training for sunbelt boy but there are some that are defending it . Napier relatives is the only reasonable explanation.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It’s year 4 for MN technically. He missed a bowl by losing to a coach less UF team led by Emory Jones to finish year 2. They got traction last year. Still think we beat them this season.

We win that game and I’ll be happy with the season, that’s the game I want more than any on this schedule. Got to take back over this state.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds about right. Sure that’s a great call. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.