Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Another thing: IF our defense is having trouble stopping them...one strategy that favors us is a ground n pound offensive gameplan to keep them off the field. The running game should definitely be our offense's strength this season with a stable of tough, physical runners and a QB who is a threat to take off for 7+ yards at any point. Safeties can't come up too much because he has the arm to beat you deep if you do.

Won't be pretty, but Napier likes to control the ball anyway and if the defense is struggling, that's always a tactic he can use to our advantage.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The most difficult stadium in the Pac-12 is Oregon...and none of the guys there have played there to my knowledge since the last time they were @Autzen was 2017.

Last year, all 3 of their regular season losses were on the road (at BYU, at San Diego State, and at Oregon State).

Playing in the Swamp vs SEC athletes in the regular season (in a night game, no less) is on order magnitude more difficult than anything they've faced.

That's not to say they wouldn't be up for the challenge, but it's different when it's for-real.
It will definitely be a fever pitch atmosphere. They will not know what hit them.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking forward to this game! It should be a good one. Utah looked pretty good last year, and they'll be coming in expecting to win, and win big. Let's hopefully surprise them!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
They will be favored...if we lose they were favored...if we win momentum is ours.

As long as we play hard disciplined football it's positive.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to start the 2022 season with a re-thread?

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
More than anything I'm interested in the play calling from our staff. Does anyone know if Utah plays a lot of zone on defense? If they do(to spy AR) do we try and out pound them and pick our spots with the medium/long passes? If so our WR's have to get the jitters out and not drop passes.

I know we "should" have the talent/speed advantage but that could very well be offset by experienced discipled players on the other side. Do we try and stretch the field early and often?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not really a good comparison. A neutral site bowl game - meaningless to UF, but not to UCF - under a lame duck staff with several coaches, including the HC gone, versus a night game in the Swamp - the home opener no less - under a brand new staff.
The dynamics on our end are very different, but if the point is that a less talented but well coached and motivated team is dangerous, it’s a fair point. Wittingham has done a great job with them since Meyer left.

I agree with you that we’ll be an entirely different team on opening day.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Some have UF favored, some have Utah favored. By kickoff, they will ALL have UF favored.

You have 1 post left in your 24 hour cycle.
I'll back out now.
I like your pm answers...:wellbye:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Some have UF favored, some have Utah favored. By kickoff, they will ALL have UF favored.

Correct--the line has moved several times and is likely to continue to move. Utah's a good team and coming off a Pac 12 Championship; Florida's at home with a very talented QB.

Not sure why it matters so much to you to predict that the betting powers that be will unanimously be predicting a UF win.

I'm optimistic Florida will win and have stated so; as have others. Why does it matter what the bookies think--especially since they get things wrong quite frequently; and this game's been in the "toss up" category for quite some time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator