Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The comments on those two pretty much say what ya'll said. Can't duplicate it, just gotta feel it.

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
Looking at what BN did at Louisiana, taking them to the Sunbelt Championship Game in his first year, that speaks volumes to the impact this guy has as a coach. It's Meyeresque in a sense. My only concern is it's the first game of the season, it's not even rust that's an issue for us. It's the first game of a new regime, none of us have seen THIS team play. Utah will have a sizable advantage in that they will be able to adjust more effectively than us, so this game is very hard to predict. I feel we do have the better players, but being in a new system will slow things down. Our athleticism will only take us so far in this one, coaching will need to be spot on. I think that's a tough ask for game 1.

Screw it...Gators by 4.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck on the simulating noise and humidity UTES guys.

You would have to literally turn your entire indoor facility converted to a Steam Room at about 112 degrees with Guns and Roses playing in the room at the same time on the verge of blowing all your speakers. And that still ain't close. They are in for a real surprise.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the sound is going to hurt them more than the humidity. They will not be able to hear a damn thing on offense.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They realize those things, for sure. They will try to jump on us ASAP to remove as much of the crowd as they can. If we get ahead by very much, it could be a long flight back.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think the sound is going to hurt them more than the humidity. They will not be able to hear a damn thing on offense.
The last really loud game I went to was the barn in 2019 - it was a couple of hours before my ears stopped ringing - and despite them having played before loud hostile SEC crowds before, you could tell it was disrupting their offense. I doubt Utah has experienced anything like that.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The last really loud game I went to was the barn in 2019 - it was a couple of hours before my ears stopped ringing - and despite them having played before loud hostile SEC crowds before, you could tell it was disrupting their offense. I doubt Utah has experienced anything like that.

They haven't. The only Pac 12 stadium that even makes the normal list of loudest stadiums is Oregon...and none of the current players on Utah have played there.

Plus--Utah wasn't a great road team to begin with last year: all their losses came on the road.

The Swamp is on order of magnitude more difficult in terms of atmosphere with the noise and humidity.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

First it was the simulated Swamp practices, and now it's hiding the depth chart so we won't know which 3-star is starting??

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Utah Recruiting
2019 - Three 4 stars
2020 - Six 4 stars
2021 - Four 4 stars
2022 - Four 4 stars

We are much more talented and have deeper talent.

They will fold by the second quarter.

Utah doesn't stand a chance.

Take the Gators

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
They will try to jump on us ASAP to remove as much of the crowd as they can.
You really think they'll try that? Not wait a few possessions to try to score? I'm not so sure. Maybe, if they are really focused on their game plan.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
They will try to jump on us ASAP to remove as much of the crowd as they can.

Bama did that last year and we managed to fight back from the early deficit--and once we started putting points on the board, the crowd became louder and louder (and the penalties started racking up for them for false starts, etc.).

I think the biggest difference this year is that we have the OL to control the clock IF we wanted to by relying on the running game. Jones was a good runner and we had an excellent group of RBs, but our OL struggled to open holes vs really good DLs. By all accounts, our OL is massively improved ahead of this season and this should be something we can lean on.

We aren't the bookies' favorite and it won't matter if we win ugly by relying on a solid rushing game to keep a talented Utah offense off the field; and then relying on the humidity/crowd to do the rest. One other thing that helps is that our DBs have seemingly improved with better coaching too. Utah airing it out will result in an interception or two.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IMO it will be pretty hard for Utah to jump on us fast. My hope is that we take the opening kick and let AR do his thing. If UF is the one to start fast our defense, I feel will be able to hold the Utes in check. Give AR 2-3 drives and the defense can hold. This game could get ugly for Utah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator