Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EWIII number already changed to 3. Which probably means he’s absolutely showing out.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would just love if on the first offensive play they max protect and see EWIII running scott free down the sideline and Mertz throws him a catchable ball.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm gonna say it's close but an L. If we had lost last year I'd feel differently but think Utah will have a little extra due to the unexpected L and bit of embarrassment that felt last year. I do believe we will be much improved but not sure how that translates to the win column at this point. May end up being that we look much more competent in our losses. It's just hard to say, probably more so than any previous season in memory.
Here in Huntsville, I'm lucky to have a few Gator alumni to hang out with. To a man, they don't know what to expect out of this team. Can Mertz be a difference maker? Can Karl call a ball games? Can Austin coach defense?

Usually at this point, I have such strong Orange and Blue glasses on that I think we're beating everyone; taking their lunch money and their girlfriends. But this year???

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm gonna say it's close but an L. If we had lost last year I'd feel differently but think Utah will have a little extra due to the unexpected L and bit of embarrassment that felt last year. I do believe we will be much improved but not sure how that translates to the win column at this point. May end up being that we look much more competent in our losses. It's just hard to say, probably more so than any previous season in memory.

I could see this playing out with our expected improved front seven. I just worry that the o-line will have issues, especially early in the season. I’m not really that worried about Mertz as I was in spring, just the o-line. I will be surprised if we get blown out, I expect a lower scoring relatively close game.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I've got to be honest, this is the first year in my life I absolutely have no clue what to expect going into the season. The rollercoaster last year and everything that has transpired since then has left me clueless. I believe we have an overall better team than last year and should be better in year 2 under Billy. The defense CANT get any worse can it? They have to take a step forward or maintain what we were last year right?

Hopefully we are competitive in every game. Lord, feel like such a phucking loser even typing that. If we get our doors blown off by the Utah, then I'm going into hiding.

Just glad football is back. Go Gators

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Ted Lasso Belief GIF by Apple TV+

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Is Ricky our deep threat, until proven otherwise? With the receivers from last season, Pearsall and our true FR, we could have a solid WR group. There was suspicion last season that our routes were sophomoric and easily defended as I recall. Anyone else remember those observations? If true, hopefully that has been corrected.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I got 5 minutes in before I fell asleep and hit my head on the desk.. Very kewl, right. Hey we get to play this here game every day!

He even does the macelwain mouth thing at like 2 minutes.

I'm beginning to think this guy is very very smart. He looks like he's homeless, talks like he's dumb, just to lower expectations. Once we start winning I'll bet he starts shaving and using more than 17 words. Freaking genius

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Then they need to get the ball in his hands some way at least 10 times a game.

He’s going to be great, but 10 per game is a lot this year. Reidell had 33 or so and Ike 24 or so as freshmen. Callaway had low 30’s too.

Figure 720 snaps in the regular season and half are eaten up by Johnson & Etienne running. If Mertz rocks a 65% completion rate, which would be his best, that leaves 234 catches for all receivers. Pearsall should get at least 60 of those, leaving 174 or 14.5 per game for the rest of the WRs, TEs & RBs. I’d be thrilled if Jean, Wilson & Mizell get half or more of those. But 5-10 touches per game for all 3 would mean they are lighting it up. Dazzle us with those and we’ll have a great year.

(Edited to fix a woeful math error… :lol: )

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The line is changing because Rising is still quite questionable as to if he'll play or not. Add in the equation that their back-up is also out. That means either Rising plays at well below 100% or they start their #3 QB. It's still Utah. It's still in their house where they rarely lose, but QBs are important. The odds makers know this.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
The line is changing because Rising is still quite questionable as to if he'll play or not. Add in the equation that their back-up is also out. That means either Rising plays at well below 100% or they start their #3 QB. It's still Utah. It's still in their house where they rarely lose, but QBs are important. The odds makers know this.
Backup was a battle between Rose and Johnson. Barnes is essentially QB3. Expect a lot of Johnson.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Are there any passes for Mormon Sex? Like you got to Bangok and buy women or men or trannies...can i do that with you Mormons?
You idiot. Don't you realize that mormons don't sex, they soak? Also, that's about 42 miles south in Prozacistan (Provo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator