Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt*** ETN likely out

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Don't know if he's truly injured or if this is what I was referring to, in another thread, when I quoted @soflagator regarding this coming week being when odd things may start happening.
I said some players may choose to speak up, and out, about the offensive play calling. (Editors note: the term "offensive" is intended to be taken either way)
Also, ETN and his family have been known to be verbal through their social media so perhaps something was said either face to face or in SM, but taken down.
Either way, either option is bad and I hope for neither.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if he's truly injured or if this is what I was referring to, in another thread, when I quoted @soflagator regarding this coming week being when odd things may start happening.
I said some players may choose to speak up, and out, about the offensive play calling. (Editors note: the term "offensive" is intended to be taken either way)
Also, ETN and his family have been known to be verbal through their social media so perhaps something was said either face to face or in SM, but taken down.

I was wondering how long it would take to get the "injury" bug. During the Muschamp years, there was one game right before he got fired where guys were just like "I'm out." I think it was the game driskel went out. It had become so out of control that i felt bad for our guys being constantly embarrassed.

Etienne is clearly underused and he would benefit being more utilized. His NFL brother wants him to leave UF. I suspect this is the case for him but others may follow. Sure hope not. Love to see him ball out

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If the defense doesn’t carry us, all these injuries on offense are setting us up for a real disaster.

BN has lost the plot. And fortune is not smiling.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Come on guys, now players are faking injuries because they are unhappy? How exactly would that help their draft stock? It's an outrageous accusation to make about a player.

I know everyone is unhappy with the staff, but let's try to somewhat remain in reality.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If we truly need ETN to beat Vandy at home, that's bad. Even Webb should be able to run all over that team.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
No worries guys. That's just our genius head ball coach Billy, Playing with that powerhouse Vanderbilt's coaching staff.
He's sneaky I tell ya!

Now, they're shaking in their boots because they have no idea how good our 3rd string Freshman RB might be.
They have to use valuable practice time on defense, preparing for those 4th and 5, 3 yard slants.

I fully expect Ol Billy to start praising Vandy as a team we shouldn't be allowed to be on the same field with.
Sort of like a modern day Lou Holtz. I mean, Talking about a Disciple of Sun Tzu, Thats our boy!!

Damn, I love this guy!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We know Kingsley was re-injured last week. No reason to think that ETN didn't get dinged up as well.

Would love to have them both ready, but logically you'd think we'd be ok against the Commode-doors. But then, nothing has been logical so far. We'll see.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Come on guys, now players are faking injuries because they are unhappy? How exactly would that help their draft stock? It's an outrageous accusation to make about a player.

I know everyone is unhappy with the staff, but let's try to somewhat remain in reality.
I don't mean to imply that players are faking injuries.
I'm saying that should players become openly critical of CBN then they might find themselves further down the bench on game day or suffering from an injury or grades being insufficient or sent packing altogether.

And this is merely conjecture, but not out of the realm of possibility, as we've seen it play out before. Just never with CBN and so I hope it doesn't happen AND that ETN is healthy and happy.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
  • RB Trevor Etienne (lower body) — questionable
  • WR Caleb Douglas (lower body) — out
  • WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman (lower body) — questionable
  • TE Jonathan Odom (lower body) — out
  • TE Dante Zanders (lower body) — questionable
  • OT Austin Barber (lower body) — questionable
  • OL Kingsley Eguakun (lower body) — questionable
  • LB Ja’Markis Weston (upper body) — out
  • DB Miguel Mitchell (lower body) — questionable

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WR Caleb Douglas (lower body) — out
I heard the update that he'll miss significant time, but did they ever say what exactly it was? I must have missed it

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I heard the update that he'll miss significant time, but did they ever say what exactly it was? I must have missed it
Didn’t he nearly break his ankle against Kentucky on the jump ball or was that someone else? If it wasn’t broken, it was high ankle and 6-8 weeks for sure

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Didn’t he nearly break his ankle against Kentucky on the jump ball or was that someone else? If it wasn’t broken, it was high ankle and 6-8 weeks for sure
I haven't heard anything specific on his injury either.
I thought he got his ankle/lower leg rolled up on during the near touchdown he scored against UK where he tried to stretch the ball into the end zone. I think the defender landed on it.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I thought he got his ankle/lower leg rolled up on during the near touchdown he scored against UK where he tried to stretch the ball into the end zone. I think the defender landed on it.
That's how I remember the injury. Nothing specific, but that's the play.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mean to imply that players are faking injuries.
I'm saying that should players become openly critical of CBN then they might find themselves further down the bench on game day or suffering from an injury or grades being insufficient or sent packing altogether.

And this is merely conjecture, but not out of the realm of possibility, as we've seen it play out before. Just never with CBN and so I hope it doesn't happen AND that ETN is healthy and happy.
Okay, so now you're saying that Napier will just tell a player (his best player, mind you) that he's hurt because he thinks the player is unhappy and grumbling? Did ETN say somewhere publicly that he's unhappy? All we've heard from is his frog's testicle of a brother.

Love him or hate him, I do think that Billy Napier is actually trying to win games. Floating that he's sitting his starters out of a personal vendetta is over the top, even for us.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I take the blame for that, I don't think anyone is faking, but with Muschamp towards the end, guys who would normally "walk it off" stay out of games. It's a motivation issue. (Which has been identified by Billy and the media)

I don't think that's too far fetched. If your 18-22 and you're doing everything the coach asks but keep getting embarrassed and then blamed for everything, apart from quitting what can you do? Don't forget these kids were recruited because they were good players, they are not use to losing and probably don't like it.

They are teenagers after all. There's a thing happening now to adults called "quiet quitting" where adults keep coming to work but essential quit. Plus didn't we read about how Mullen lost the team because they didn't feel heard?

I could be way off base but I guess we'll see towards the end of the year. I don't want it to happen, I want Billy to shock the world, I'm tired of not just losing but leaving football announcers and journalist perplexed. For the record, I'm calling a win vs Vandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.