Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Frost's available?

Brian Kelly was available last December, Lincoln Riley too, but I was told by board experts that it’s impossible to pull a quality, sitting P-5 coach away from his current school.

I recall reading, where I forget, that Brian Kelly’s agent proactively reached out to UF last year after Mullen was fired, and expressed interest in the job but Stricklin shut him down immediately. Just sayin’.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Believe what you want. It's a rebuilding year. This team is 70% Sophomores and younger. Our best players Napier brought in. It's one of the YOUNGEST D-1 teams.

Sure Vandy may be less talented but not less experienced.
And they NEVER quit all season.

But hey, let's bail and start over so we can keep doing it.

I remember 0-10-1...and our first SEC...our FIRST. What set up SOS?

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
We lost to Kentucky and Vanderbilt in the same year, is the coach allowed to get on the plane for the trip back? Especially the coach the constantly runs up the middle on 3rd and 8 or longer, never has the QB keep it off tackle, throws wide receiver screen on second and Long and can’t figure out how to save clock to gat a drive before the half.

Quit hiring Blue light special coaches. This coach Billy guy has us behind Vanderbilt.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Brian Kelly was available last December, Lincoln Riley too, but I was told by board experts that it’s impossible to pull a quality, sitting P-5 coach away from his current school.

I recall reading, where I forget, that Brian Kelly’s agent proactively reached out to UF last year after Mullen was fired, and expressed interest in the job but Stricklin shut him down immediately. Just sayin’.
I can't stand Brian Kelly...and LSU wanted Napier. They really wanted Jimbo...imagine that?
LSU has way more talent... but not for long.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So apparently Theo saw us opening up running lanes all day. Thats why we racked up all the rushing yards.
No, sorry I wasn’t clear. What I saw was throwing the ball to the outside on quick outs, bubble screens and intermediate routes. We dropped a bunch, didn’t block those bubble screens well. The only running lanes I saw were the ones AR didn’t take because he refused to pull the ball and go.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Believe what you want. It's a rebuilding year. This team is 70% Sophomores and younger. Our best players Napier brought in. It's one of the YOUNGEST D-1 teams.

Sure Vandy may be less talented but not less experienced.
And they NEVER quit all season.

But hey, let's bail and start over so we can keep doing it.

I remember 0-10-1...and our first SEC...our FIRST. What set up SOS?
This time of year you are no longer Sophmores and Freshmen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
But at UF they are. Come on get with the program. We are the only team playing in the country playing young players. Forget that LSU has a true frosh LB that should be first team All SEC. We are the leading fan base for transients and excuse makers.

Kcroy420

Jul 27, 2022
I admit my knowledge of the rules is not what it used to be. Can someone explain why the Marshal muffed punt wasn’t returned to the original spot where the muff occurred?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I admit my knowledge of the rules is not what it used to be. Can someone explain why the Marshal muffed punt wasn’t returned to the original spot where the muff occurred?
I believe it is where the ball is recovered. Vandy did not "advance" the ball. You can't advance a muffed punt or a recovered onside kick,

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You can’t advance the muff but the ball rolled into the end zone on its own. They recovered it there. I think that’s right. Could be wrong.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Arnold Schwarzenegger I Give Up GIF by Jerology

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So many quotable posts from pages 1-7. Esp on pages 5 and 6. But far be it from me to actually quote them....nossir.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You’re just taking the wrong argument to the mat. There’s no excuse for today. You can be positive about the future and still acknowledge that. Even Napier said it. Jax was talent. Not today.
Oh, we we're a Dyson Vacuum...never lost suction.

My argument is it is not all Napier. Most is not.

My goal is SEC and then Playoffs. If we are not there yet let Napier do his thing. Football is Football...Sunbelt, SEC, whatever. He has the culture, he's recruiting, let this play out.
He did this at ULL.

I'll admit that was painful to watch but I remember Pell. Napier was given a crap heap.

Enjoy the journey.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh, we we're a Dyson Vacuum...never lost suction.

My argument is it is not all Napier. Most is not.

My goal is SEC and then Playoffs. If we are not there yet let Napier do his thing. Football is Football...Sunbelt, SEC, whatever. He has the culture, he's recruiting, let this play out.
He did this at ULL.

I'll admit that was painful to watch but I remember Pell. Napier was given a crap heap.

Enjoy the journey.

I don’t see a game like this as being mostly not on Napier. I’d put it 85+% on him. That where we’ll disagree. As for the journey, I’m trying to enjoy it. And the last two weeks said we were trending. If we beat fsu, maybe I rethink things. As it is, that journey is simply me drinking too much and knowing the inevitable of how this ends.

That said, I respect your position and agree there is evidence from his previous stop to support it, even if I disagree.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well that sucked.

I set up a tv outside so I could get some fence work done while watching the game. Glad I was at least productive while suffering through that game. Many reasons to be pissed off, but my top 2 are:

1. Penalties. Thankfully, today’s performance was uncharacteristic of this year’s squad, but the self inflicted wounds were beyond stupid.

2. Why did we abandon the run game?

I just hope this moment stings enough to last all off-season and serve as motivation for both conditioning and mental discipline.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I don’t see a game like this as being mostly not on Napier. I’d put it 85+% on him. That where we’ll disagree. As for the journey, I’m trying to enjoy it. And the last two weeks said we were trending. If we beat fsu, maybe I rethink things. As it is, that journey is simply me drinking too much and knowing the inevitable of how this ends.

That said, I respect your position and agree there is evidence from his previous stop to support it, even if I disagree.
Respect for this post. Everyone is pissed off, bitching, raising hell at each other and the team after this debacle. Obviously, me included.
We can have disagreements but , you kept it in the family, Respectful disagreement.
Hats off to you, SOFLAGATOR.

I started drinking so, That means time for me to sign off.
Let's all pay attention to the major upset brewing in Columbia.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I agree, partly. Napier has a system and a plan. He's strategic not tactical. He'll take a loss rather than deviate. Short term it's frustrating while he's building.
The lack of running may be on AR but who knows except Napier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator