***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vandy***

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We’re improving! Last year we only won 9-6 with a backup QB at home! This year, we go right into their house with a back-up QB and despite DL injuries, crush them by 7!!!

:stars:

And 5 pumpers liked this post. Wow.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm done trying to put a positive spin on things. The product on the field is absolutely terrible. Only thing I took joy in seeing today was Pineiro.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I'm done trying to put a positive spin on things. The product on the field is absolutely terrible. Only thing I took joy in seeing today was Pineiro.

On the bright side, we have mac's assurance that he will kind of look at it a little bit and kind of do a little tweak or something :lmao2:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mac said he could win with his dog at QB. He never did say he'd win with style points. Mac better do something quick or he may have Stricklin looking over his shoulder.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Luke is a real leader, really respected by the players and is good enough to change calls at the line and makes better, more accurate throws, other than to the T.E.. The offense leans on Luke, especially the young guys. AS doesn'the possess those traits, nor does he command respect from his teammates. It'seems obvious that AA is on an island by himself, when the offense is on the field.

I am confident that we will see the offense return to the levels they were reaching, prior to Luke's injuy. It makes a huge difference when young guys have a coach-like QB in the huddle. He reminds them of certain things that help limit their mistakes. Unfortunately, we don't appear to have any leadership on the OL. I've you and Sharpe don't appear to go out of their way to help the youngsters. Hopefully, we'll get some guys back for LSU and not have to play so many downs. We'll see how they look with Luke back under Center.

I'mean more concerned with the DL, due to the injuries. We were very deep and now we are playing undersized DE and Ivie was doing a very good job in the middle tying up blockers, allowing the LB'S to get in to the running lanes and getting off blocks to make tackles. He needs to wrap that appendage, after shooting it full of a numbing agent and get back at it. Will will need some very good line play next week. LF will be rested, if he sits out again, allowing his ankle to heal more.

So, I'm not giving up on my boys, just yet, despite the sick feeling in my gut, after last week. If the defense sees the offense returning to the level they had reached, I'm convinced that we will see a little more fire in their play. We can'talk lose another game to an SEC foe, because, UT will lose to A&M and Bamer. Hopefully, they will go down to Jawga today.

Hang in there my brothas and sistas and remember, it's just a game and there are so many more important things in life, like family and helping others, who have real problems.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Luke is a real leader, really respected by the players and is good enough to change calls at the line and makes better, more accurate throws, other than to the T.E.. The offense leans on Luke, especially the young guys. AS doesn'the possess those traits, nor does he command respect from his teammates. It'seems obvious that AA is on an island by himself, when the offense is on the field.

I am confident that we will see the offense return to the levels they were reaching, prior to Luke's injuy. It makes a huge difference when young guys have a coach-like QB in the huddle. He reminds them of certain things that help limit their mistakes. Unfortunately, we don't appear to have any leadership on the OL. I've you and Sharpe don't appear to go out of their way to help the youngsters. Hopefully, we'll get some guys back for LSU and not have to play so many downs. We'll see how they look with Luke back under Center.

I'mean more concerned with the DL, due to the injuries. We were very deep and now we are playing undersized DE and Ivie was doing a very good job in the middle tying up blockers, allowing the LB'S to get in to the running lanes and getting off blocks to make tackles. He needs to wrap that appendage, after shooting it full of a numbing agent and get back at it. Will will need some very good line play next week. LF will be rested, if he sits out again, allowing his ankle to heal more.

So, I'm not giving up on my boys, just yet, despite the sick feeling in my gut, after last week. If the defense sees the offense returning to the level they had reached, I'm convinced that we will see a little more fire in their play. We can'talk lose another game to an SEC foe, because, UT will lose to A&M and Bamer. Hopefully, they will go down to Jawga today.

Hang in there my brothas and sistas and remember, it's just a game and there are so many more important things in life, like family and helping others, who have real problems.

I like the optimism but I just don't see a well oiled machine anytime soon.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
OL play is simply abysmal. Don't know if this is scheme, coaching, talent, attitude or all of the above.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
At Half, I chastised Mac for his horrendous game management especially the clock misuse at the end of the 2nd Quarter, never exploring the middle of the field with the TE's, never isolating a RB on an LB for a pass, etc. But I want to say they explored the middle of the field TWICE in the 2nd half for 2 nice gains to the TE. The QB draw on 3rd and long that Appelby turned into a 1st down was a brilliant call. Even if it had not worked out, it was still a brilliant call b/c it would have maybe made an even short FG attempt even shorter. Unfortunately we fumbled the next snap, but that was not Mac's fault. However the 2nd down play right before Appelby's 3rd down QB draw was an awful call and horrendous management from this perspective. Scarlett had done most of the work getting us inside the 10 yd. line. On first down Scarlett gains about 8 yards, takes a good shot at the end of the play, is gassed as he could barely get up! So what do they do? they rush to the line. Scarlett is clearly Woozy and they rush to get a play off giving it to Scarlett for a big loss. he was exhausted and dazed!!!!. How could Mac not see that? It was so obvious. Just like that f-up against UT last week and 3rd down and 2 inches, once again a single play and lack of awareness and management could have cost us the game. this was obvious that Scarlett was shaken and the management of that situation was so easy. so I give them credit for a few better things in the 2nd half, but overall Mac still blows and we are going nowhere under his direction.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OL play is simply abysmal. Don't know if this is scheme, coaching, talent, attitude or all of the above.

It's coaching. We are littered with big guys that other teams were beating down the doors to get. Two 5 star players who have regressed every year under Summers.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Answer this question: Are we any better than a year ago? If the answer is no, that's not a good sign.

I personally see no reason to say we are.
We are worse...except at the QB position and PK.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
... However the 2nd down play right before Appelby's 3rd down QB draw was an awful call and horrendous management from this perspective. Scarlett had done most of the work getting us inside the 10 yd. line. On first down Scarlett gains about 8 yards, takes a good shot at the end of the play, is gassed as he could barely get up! So what do they do? they rush to the line. Scarlett is clearly Woozy and they rush to get a play off giving it to Scarlett for a big loss. he was exhausted and dazed!!!!. How could Mac not see that? It was so obvious. Just like that f-up against UT last week and 3rd down and 2 inches, once again a single play and lack of awareness and management could have cost us the game. this was obvious that Scarlett was shaken and the management of that situation was so easy. so I give them credit for a few better things in the 2nd half, but overall Mac still blows and we are going nowhere under his direction.

But...But...he ran it so well the other times? No, I'm with you. I understand wanting a workhorse to get the TD, but I suspect all our workhorses care more about the team winning than whom on the team scores. Maybe that's pumping, but if a player is gassed, it means they gave it all they had for that play, no shame in sub'ing out and having a fresh body pound it home - we need the win, not individual stats. And the penetration really got after us.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads