Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GASPARILLA BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs UCF***

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I knew we were doomed tonight the moment I heard Shane Mathews color commentating on the radio with Mick. The guy has yet to call a game we've won this year. Where James Jones? Lol

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll ask this again. WTF with the money down guy jumping up and down? Did we get sued and have to do this for the last 5 years? It’s embarrassing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is so bad.

We can't kick

We can't pass

We're undisciplined

And all with the new boss evaluating.

This is not UCF...this is boring Malzon's UCF

I doubt Napier is putting that much stock in anything being done under the guidance of a failed staff whose schemes and coaching have provided him a job. Effort is there on many of these plays(Elam’s chase down). They’re out of position and have been coached terribly for much of the last 4 seasons.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I think that will do it for me.
I was feeling pretty good about the program and the new coaching staff.
I was actually pretty optimistic that we could see a fairly good season next year.

Tonight has shown me how far down we have fallen.
We don’t even have a playmaker on our entire roster as good as UCF

Undisciplined.
Uninspired.
Poor tackling
Weak
Out of position
And………
SLOW
Our Offensive line is not even Sun belt level.

Disgusting

It may take us three years to get back to the level of beating Kentucky.

I wish we never accepted this invite.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With all the turmoil surrounding our program and all these players leaving us and recruits jumping ship, I don't see any way that we win this game. UCF is going to come in SKY HIGH to prove that they belong with the big name teams and will look to ROUT us to the tune of something like 36-17. Our guys gave up weeks ago and our guys will probably sleep walk through this game like the Okla game last season.
:fear::lol:

I was given dislikes and loonies for this post and ridiculed for it lol

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was actually pretty optimistic that we could see a fairly good season next year.

Undisciplined.
Uninspired.
Poor tackling
Weak
Out of position
And………
SLOW

Disgusting

All of this could be summed up with one word - EMORY

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Undisciplined.
Uninspired.
Poor tackling
Weak
Out of position
And………
SLOW

Disgusting

I get the frustration, but I think you’ll be surprised by the difference next season. We’re not there, but not nearly as far off as some think. Bowl games in general are meaningless. But the Gaspsarilla bowl and with a lame duck garbage staff against a competent team and former successful P5 coach? Don’t read too much into tonight.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get the frustration, but I think you’ll be surprised by the difference next season. We’re not there, but not nearly as far off as some think. Bowl games in general are meaningless. But the Gaspsarilla bowl and with a lame duck garbage staff against a competent team and former successful P5 coach? Don’t read too much into tonight.
I am hopeful that this is going to be a Zook / Urban Meyer transition.

99% of our problems this year lead back to the coaching staff.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I really thought after 9 fairly quick carries DP was going to get 20+. By the 4th quarter he would be gashing them in big chunks. Then Mullen started calling in the plays from home.

Good news is after 4 years of bitching about this I can now STFU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Losing Shorter at the 2 minute mark of this garbage game would be such a fitting end to 2021. Can we just take a knee and get out of here?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I can do is agree with everyone else saying 2022 can't get here soon enough. Go Gators.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

History tells us losing this game is a good thing. We lost the bowl game going into Spurrier's and Meyer's first year. We won the bowl games going into Zook's, Chump's, and Butter's first year. Didn't play a bowl going into Mullen's first year, but the last bowl game we played before Mullen was hired was a win. I know it's a stretch, but I'm gonna say this guarantees that Sling Blade will be an elite coach. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.