OFFICIAL: Jim McElwain is new UF football coach

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Honestly, when I first heard about him I wasnt all that thrilled. Then, I did pretty extensive research on him and to be honest, I am pretty pleased with the hire and am getting excited about our future. Time to build the dynasty!! Go Gators!! Next stop, to the top!

Iam4UF7

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n124886 said:
Seriously, want to see something hilarious? Go check out www.theraysrepublic.com and look at the college football thread. This guy is so beside himself with grief its almost sad instead of funny.

Attachments

• conv_1527.jpeg
    conv_1527.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 39

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
MidwestChomp said:
williston_gator;n124661 said:
Mac throwing in money.
@GatorZoneScott: Buyout details: UAA pays CSU $3 M over 6 years, CSU to visit Swamp between 2017-20 for $2 M, and McElwain pays CSU $2 M = $7 million.

Mac wanted the job badly for him to throw in 2 million. I like this guy even more.

That's a man that wants to be a Gator right there!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
KCgator;n124969 said:
It's funny how our rivals are now experts on the ins and outs of our football program.

Yep, they are convinced that Muschamp is some kind of victim.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Coach9;n124970 said:
The only negatives on him I've come across are some posters here. But anyone who has played under him or worked with him have raved.

I was negative too at first because I haven't heard of him. A little research goes a long way

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n124965 said:
The most telltale thing that's happened since we honed in on McElwain is the reactions from former Alabama players, as well as fans of both Bama and CSU. All his former players from Bama have been raving about him all week, I know a few Bama fans who had nothing but glowing remarks to say about him, and CSU's fans are devastated that they're losing him.

If you all remember when we hired Brent Pease, Jared Lorenzen blasted the hire on Twitter, and he actually looked sane for doing it in the long run. Haven't heard a single negative thing about JM from anywhere all week, so that's very, very promising.

The Pillsbury Throwboy....If I was an athlete I'd want him to be my QB coach

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Some recruit reactions.

George Brown (OL) Cincinnati (Ohio) Winton Woods
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Don’t know much about him. Definitely have to get to know him. I also want to know who he is keeping.”

Devonaire Clarington (TE) Miami Booker T. Washington
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"Umm I don't know who he is."

Byron Cowart (DE) Seffner (Fla.) Armwood
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

“Apparently he was at Bama when they won those national championships, that's good. That's all I really know about him, but he coached at Bama, so that's good. I'll have to talk to him and see what his plan is for me in the defense, hopefully he has me standing up. With or without Coach Muschamp I always said Florida will find the right guy to get the program going."

Jordan Cronkrite (RB) Miami Westminster
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"Good hire. Hope for the best."

Javaris Davis (ATH) Jacksonville Ed White
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"Hope he is a good coach and I will continue to look into UF.”

Deondre Francois (QB) Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

“Great get for the Gators. Interesting to see what happens next.”

Marquis Hendrix (LB) Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

”I feel very confident about him. He is a great coach with his past experience fromAlabama and all the success he has I love it.”

Daniel Imatorbhebhe (TE) Suwannee (Ga.) North Gwinnett
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

”I’ve heard nothing but great things about him. I am looking forward to learning more about what he’s all about.”

De’Amontae Jackson (LB) Citra (Fla.) North Marion
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

”I really don’t’ have any thoughts on him. I just hope he’s a great coach and can use all the Florida player’s in the best way they can be used. If he doesn’t then he will be just like [Will] Muschamp, out in a few years.”

Kalif Jackson (WR) Jacksonville Duncan
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

”I don’t know much about him. But I am excited to see what’s to come in the future.”

CeCe Jefferson (DE) Glen St. Mary (Fla.) Baker County
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"I think that's awesome! I think it's a pretty good move, he's coached under [Nick] Saban, so he has the experience. We'll see what he's bringing to the table."

Jaquan Johnson (S) Miami Killian
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"I don't know anything about him, and it doesn't mean anything."

Tyler Jordan (OL) Jacksonville Bishop Kenny
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

”If you’ve done your research on him he’s a great hire. Good offensive mind who has coached at the highest level before. I am very excited to have a chance to play for him.”

Ray-Ray McCloud (RB) Tampa Sickles
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"I have no reaction other than I kind of had a feeling it was him. I think he would fit the program just right and he's a great coach."

Jeremy McDuffie (CB) Snellville (Ga.) Shiloh
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"It looks good that he coached the Bama offense to a 12-0 season and to championships, so I that is a good choice. My interest in Florida is high, I just need to ask a few questions."

Jalen Merrick (OG) New Smyrna Beach (Fla.)
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"Kind've weird just found about it when coach summers came to my school. I found out by him just now, but that's a good addition."

Jacques Patrick (RB) Orlando Timber Creek
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"I think it's a good hire for their program. I wish them nothing but the best."

Brandon Sandifer (OL) Warner Robins (Ga.) Northside
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

”Very excited. I can’t wait to meet him and see how things will be.”

Roquan Smith (LB) Montezuma (Ga.) Macon County
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"If the defensive staff stays, I will still have interest in Florida. I like Durkin a lot."

Jason Strowbridge (DE) Deerfield Beach
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"Well, I don't know much about him, but Florida's definitely gonna get a good coach, especially since he won national championships and was coaching with Saban."

William Sweet (OT) Jacksonville First Coast
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"That's a blessing for him and his family, as well gator nation."

Auden Tate (WR) Tampa Wharton
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"He was the OC for Bama and he led a great offense, so I think it helps a lot with that. But I also think he's a running the ball coach."

Dexter Williams (RB) Winter Garden West Orange
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"I know Jim McElwain is a great coach because of his past history with Alabama and the BCS titles he has won. I believe he can turn around the UF program and put them back where they belong."

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Thinking back, the day Florida Football started sliding from the top of the football world it was Jimmy Mac's Offense that blew holes in our defense in 2009 that set us on the path that we are on now. Lets hope that he is the one that takes us back to the top of that mountain again.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mudd;n125028 said:
Thinking back, the day Florida Football started sliding from the top of the football world it was Jimmy Mac's Offense that blew holes in our defense in 2009 that set us on the path that we are on now. Lets hope that he is the one that takes us back to the top of that mountain again.

You could even say he cause Meyer's fake heart attack, resignation, un-resignation and year of DazzBall.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n125028 said:

Good Point. If you can't beat 'em...join 'em.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Auden Tate (WR) Tampa Wharton
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

"He was the OC for Bama and he led a great offense, so I think it helps a lot with that. But I also think he's a running the ball coach."

I hope most receivers aren't thinking that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The quote from the Safety at Miami Killian is so typical. Could be wrong, but I can't remember us ever getting a kid from there. The closest was Dee Morley, who later decommitted and went to ut, where he learned to read at a 2nd grade level.

They just have a smugness about them that I don't like.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
soflagator;n125068 said:
The quote from the Safety at Miami Killian is so typical. Could be wrong, but I can't remember us ever getting a kid from there. The closest was Dee Morley, who later decommitted and went to ut, where he learned to read at a 2nd grade level.

They just have a smugness about them that I don't like.

Doesn't sound like someone we want in the program even if he could qualify.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In the back of my mind I felt like Stoops was playing possum this time and would all of sudden jump out as the new head coach. But when Spurrier said he would be back at SC I knew that hallucination was wrong. Patterson then topped my wish list...but those Texas head coaches are hard to move. The next best option for us, college football-wise, is Jim McElwain. A players coach who maintains discipline and coaches to his resources...just what we need. I hope the kids who are looking for a quality education and a chance to play big-time college football will recognize that, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.