Status
Not open for further replies.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He might have gone through his first recruiting cycle in a while and went, "Hell, naw, not for me."

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Look at his signing photo. The little girl and most of the women aren't watching the young man sign, they're casting worried looks over at that guy. Very telling.

Attachments

• conv_2337.jpg
    conv_2337.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 38

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
TLB;n170980 said:
Despite the last note, I read where CeCe knew of the coaching change ahead of time. I don't think this changes his commitment.

not sure now. that last tweet sounds like he is surprised at the change. and now i read that mac only had one hour of face to face time with him last week. rumph has a good rep but it may not be enough if you combine the young man's doubts and daddy's issues.

leave it to UF to have something like this blow up in our faces when it's the last thing we need right now. bloody hell.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n170865 said:
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida landed a commitment from 5-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson on Wednesday afternoon, but as of Thursday morning, Jefferson has yet to become an official member of the Gators' 2015 signing class.
As of 10:45 a.m., GatorBait.net can confirm that Jefferson has not yet faxed the national letter of intent he signed live on the air on ESPNU on Wednesday. Jefferson had planned to send it Thursday morning instead of on signing day after hosting a big party and barbecue at his house to announce his decision on TV.
Jefferson's father, Leo Jefferson, confirmed that the fax has not yet been sent.
"No, sir," Jefferson said.
Asked by 247Sports if there was a reason the fax has not yet been sent, Jefferson replied simply "Yes, sir." Prompted for a reason, Jefferson replied "I can't tell you that."
Brady Ackerman, a sideline reporter for the Gator Sports Network, reported live on the air with Bill King on 94.9 The Game in Nashville, Tenn., that Jefferson's father is refusing to sign the letter of intent.
"Now he's going to be a Gator, but as of right now his letter of intent has not been received by Florida," Ackerman said. "You say, well what's the story there, Brady? There's a lot of back story to this, so I'm giving you what people I know in Baker County in Florida, Macclenny just outside of Jacksonville, are telling me, Bill. Not what the coaches are telling me, not what I think that I know from the inside the University of Florida. This is straight from the folks I know at Baker County, and I know a lot of them.
"Apparently his dad is not allowing him to sign with Florida just yet. His dad, his mom, while live together don't see eye to eye. The mom wants him to go to Florida. There's a lot of Gators in Baker County. As you know, the proximity, Bill, is very close to the University of Florida. This kid wants to be a Gator and apparently his dad is not signing it. From what I understand, he's 19, but I was also told a parent still has to sign it.
"That's where the story ends for me right now. From the Florida perspective, they feel very confident that CeCe Jefferson will be a Gator and that he is a Gator, but from the legal standpoint, we kind of went through this yesterday with [Byron] Cowart down at Armwood, it's not officially official, if you will."
GatorBait.net will continue to update with the latest on Jefferson's situation as more news becomes available.

Perhaps his dad knew the DL coaching change was coming (Probably got a personal heads up from Muschamp).

Or maybe, it's that that his Dad knows the bags of money flowing from AU will dry up once he's officially a Gator.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
g8trs99;n170950 said:
Zach Abolverdi‏@ZachAbolverdi5 mins5 minutes ago Five-star DE CeCe's Jefferson father, Leo: "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

0 replies
Looks like his dad is a real piece of work. He probably got a "little something" to steer CeCe to a different school and now is trying to make sure that it happens. Recruiting is a dirty game nowadays and this seems to be just another example of it.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
@rivalsmike: Just received a text from Leo, the father of CeCe Jefferson, stating that he isn't refusing to sign his son's letter. No other response yet.

Attachments

• conv_2338.gif
    conv_2338.gif
    311 KB · Views: 31

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
There is absolutely no way Cece didn't know the change was coming. I just don't see a coach lying about things like because it could hurt future recruiting. I just think this is a case of a father being unhappy and hurting his child out of spite.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n170974 said:
Look at his signing photo. The little girl and most of the women aren't watching the young man sign, they're casting worried looks over at that guy. Very telling.

Wow......That photo about says it all, doesn't it?!?! Perhaps this is why Daddy was left in the dark. Because Ce Ce knew what his reaction was gonna be so he had to keep his decision from his own Father.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Looks like his dad is a real piece of work. He probably got a "little something" to steer CeCe to a different school and now is trying to make sure that it happens. Recruiting is a dirty game nowadays and this seems to be just another example of it.

I would say that's almost a definite.

And the DL coach leaving is now perfect cover for his own selfish behavior.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Robbie Andreau is tweeting that Rumph has only been offered the D line job but has not accepted yet.

Attachments

• conv_2339.gif
    conv_2339.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n171034 said:
@rivalsmike: Just received a text from Leo, the father of CeCe Jefferson, stating that he isn't refusing to sign his son's letter. No other response yet.

well then how do you explain Zach's tweet???

Zach Abolverdi‏@ZachAbolverdi5 mins5 minutes ago Five-star DE CeCe's Jefferson father, Leo: "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
and now the dad's doing all the talking telling espn cece is "still thinking". how come daddy is suddenly the spokesman for everything? never heard jack from this guy before. this smells bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator