Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I hope everybody at UF is ready to show these recruits a great weekend and I hope the coaches lay everything out on the table.

I also hope all the females are out running around campus in their leggings or jeggings...whatever they are called. :cool:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n157246 said:
Maybe the uncertainty of their job future with UF had something to do with them not being able to get the kids to commit to us while they were on our staff? Just maybe?

This is definitely it IMO. If we were having a great year last year and people felt confident in Muschamp then these kids would have committed, but with Muschamp sucking and them knowing he could lose his job they didn't want to commit and now there is so much shifting they are waiting.. I don't blame them. It's a big decision.

Lawling to FSU is a huge hire for FSU, I think he is a good coach. Our DL was definitely very good last year and I was hoping we would keep him.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Swamped Gator;n157072 said:
This is a direct message from my buddy who works with Apopka's football team. In reference to Ivey:

So one of the guys that works with the youth is a huge Auburn fan, sky box tickets and all that - big money. He was talking to Tez last night for a while so after I went and asked him what he thought from his talk. And he said he really thinks Tez is gonna be a Gator.

Hopefully this is true... maybe once some commits come in this weekend/Monday we might get a better feel.

Dec 10, 2014
Big, big weekend. I've got a good feeling guys. Been a lot of negativity, but I think around Monday afternoon we are going to be feeling better.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TNgator20;n157297 said:
I hope everybody at UF is ready to show these recruits a great weekend and I hope the coaches lay everything out on the table.

I also hope all the females are out running around campus in their leggings or jeggings...whatever they are called. :cool:

I dont think the weather will hold out. I wish it was a sunny 75 degree day....

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
So DC posts that Ryan Davis is visiting UF this weekend instead of BAMA....an then KC posts "yawn". Did I read that right? Seems like an inappropriate response...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WinterGarden Gator;n157383 said:
So DC posts that Ryan Davis is visiting UF this weekend instead of BAMA....an then KC posts "yawn". Did I read that right? Seems like an inappropriate response...

You obviously don't know KC very well.

Oct 5, 2014
playzwtrux;n157078 said:
Originally posted by Left Coast Gator View Post
"

"Good hands, but not real fast. Reminds me of Quinton Dunbar.

"what part of this reminds you of Dunbar? His hands were as close to "stone hands Burton" as there ever was"

Good point! I think he was our leading receiver as a Junior but dropped way too many balls as a Senior. Still, like Dunbar Shaquery appears to be more of a possession receiver than an offensive threat.

Next time I watch somebody's highlights, I will remind myself that dropped balls and missed taclkes have been editied out.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Andrew Spivey-#Syracuse offensive line commit Steven Clark text me saying he's on his way to visit #Florida now. Clark will be joined by his parents.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lawing is a hit for recruiting, but I don't think he was a real good developer of talent. Fowler was going to be a beast regardless, because of his off field work ethic. McAllister would have been good last year despite size, if Lawing was that good at developing talent. It's already out there that Muschamp was going to fire Lawing anyway.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
NavetG8r;n157386 said:
You obviously don't know KC very well.

Things will shake out how they're going to shake out. Getting twisted in knots about the decisions of 17, 18 and 19 year olds is just dumb. Way more pressing things in life to worry about.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Lol I'm not sure how some think Lawing was a great hire by FSU.... We don't retain Lawing... We hire Oakland's DL coach. Oakland goes and gets FSU's DLine coach... They hire Lawing and its a good thing for them? Am I missing something?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n157440 said:
Lol I'm not sure how some think Lawing was a great hire by FSU.... We don't retain Lawing... We hire Oakland's DL coach. Oakland goes and gets FSU's DLine coach... They hire Lawing and its a good thing for them? Am I missing something?

I think Lawling is a good coach. Our DL played pretty well over the course of the year and guys like McAllister and Cox definitely showed growth. Lawling also has relationships with key recruits not just for this year, but for next year and with the HS staffs in Florida.

So yes.. I think it was a good hire. I'm still unsure why we didn't keep him to be honest.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n157446 said:
I think Lawling is a good coach. Our DL played pretty well over the course of the year and guys like McAllister and Cox definitely showed growth. Lawling also has relationships with key recruits not just for this year, but for next year and with the HS staffs in Florida.

So yes.. I think it was a good hire. I'm still unsure why we didn't keep him to be honest.

We didn't keep him because he obviously has some baggage. It was said as early as November that he wouldn't be back, regardless of who the HC was going to be. He left SC because of "personal reasons" and came to us. I wouldn't doubt he has something like a drinking problem, as Williston has said he's seen rumors.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n157446 said:

Cause he was doing Keg stands before practice....allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.