Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching some of you whistle through the graveyard is equally entertaining. The worst recruiting collapse in the history of modern day recruiting, yet some of you are taking the "Bob Marley approach." Baby, don't worry about a thing, because every little thing's gonna be alright.

You can't finish 101st in recruiting and be competitive in the SEC. This class can sign up to 27 recruits yet most of us are hoping we get to 15 or so, in a day and age where many programs over-sign, we're going to be a dozen or so under.

This is a big deal for the program and its future.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n159212 said:
Mac strikes me as the type to have the attitude of we'd love to have you but won't beg for you. Take your visits and take your time and make sure whats right for you but the spot is here if you want it. If the staff is confident they can develop talent, then maybe they aren't sweating the small stuff so much. I dunno.

That approach doesn't seem to be working out for him so far.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
TNgator20;n159151 said:
Does anybody when Jabari Zuniga announces today, the time? That dude plays violent I think he is another diamond the rough.

That kid is a beast

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
The Original DC;n159233 said:
Watching some of you whistle through the graveyard is equally entertaining. The worst recruiting collapse in the history of modern day recruiting, yet some of you are taking the "Bob Marley approach." Baby, don't worry about a thing, because every little thing's gonna be alright.

You can't finish 101st in recruiting and be competitive in the SEC. This class can sign up to 27 recruits yet most of us are hoping we get to 15 or so, in a day and age where many programs over-sign, we're going to be a dozen or so under.

This is a big deal for the program and its future.

Enjoy your ulcer sweet cheeks.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n159240 said:
Enjoy your ulcer sweet cheeks.

No ulcers here, just care, concern and hope for the program.

Enjoy your peace and tranquillity and heightened sense of relaxation, namaste.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: After visiting #FSU and #UF the last two weekends, a source close to Deondre Francois says the four-star QB will stick with the #Noles.

Yippee

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n159219 said:
This is the stuff that drives me crazy. Word was that Stoops was interested... really? Do we even want Stoops? And why is he interested now after turning us down in the past. I don't believe for a second Stoops (who can't win in the Big 12, with Texas down) was interested.

Freeze... do you really think with Freeze it was all about the money? If Ole Miss and UF offered competitive salaries and from what the sources say they did... maybe Freeze just wanted to stay at Ole Miss.

I don't believe that Foley offered Freeze. I do believe that they were interested in him and did some research on how much he would cost, but when Foley realized Ole Miss was willing to pay him 4+ million, Foley decided not to bother with an offer and potential bidding war. My guess was that UF needed to offer at least 5 million to lure Freeze away, and I don't think Foley was willing to pay that since he still had to pay 6 million for his mistake.

We still don't know if Mac was a good, bad, or great hire. We'll have a much better idea next year, and we'll know for sure in four years. I do believe that if Freeze were the head coach at UF, then we'd currently have a top 25 class; however, that does not mean that I think McElwain will be a failure here and everything is gloom and doom. Coach Mac very well may be the best guy for the job and will have lots of success here, even with a potential disasterous first class. I really hope this class turns out to be a good one, but the future of UF football isn't over with one bad class.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n159245 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: After visiting #FSU and #UF the last two weekends, a source close to Deondre Francois says the four-star QB will stick with the #Noles.

Yippee

no no no.....that's good news for us....Zach reported it

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n159212 said:
Mac strikes me as the type to have the attitude of we'd love to have you but won't beg for you. Take your visits and take your time and make sure whats right for you but the spot is here if you want it. If the staff is confident they can develop talent, then maybe they aren't sweating the small stuff so much. I dunno.

I doubt it. Even the grumpy type coaches kiss the top recruits butts these days to try and get them to sign.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone that doesn't believe we floated an offer of just over 4 million to Freeze through a 3rd party is crazy imo. That is why that stuff was all over the place just like it was when we moved to McElwain. I do agree Freeze probably just wanted to stay at Ole Miss however as long as he got that raise. I doubt if we even offered 500K+ more would he have came here.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n159249 said:
Yes it was about the money. We expected someone to uproot their family from a known situation where they are exceeding expectations with less pressure, for $300K-$180K after taxes. Foley was on meth when he made that offer. I am sure he did want to stay. How many coaches REALLY want to live in Green Bay? But the money is good.

You have no idea what Foley offered or was willing to offer Freeze. I think the more realistic situation is that Freeze said he wasn't interested in leaving Ole Miss.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n159191 said:
The new staff has absolutely zero reason to be sandbagging new commit announcements, just the opposite, actually.

Might not be the coaches directing it, but going along for the ride instead of pushing. For instance, recruit says i want to go to UF, but I want to announce it on NSD. If UF pushes the recruit because they want momentum, recruit may decide that they don't like being pressured, and go to a school that has had more success recently.

Who knows what's going on. It is pretty apparent that Muschamp has sabotaged the class to one degree or another and that the new staff hasn't killed it. I think if we had kept Lawing and Durkin, we may be having better luck, but I doubt it. Summers is still here and he's having to pull 2* kids

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I wish we could get Francois...I just saw where Jimbo is visiting with him this morning.

I would feel good if we could flip Lamar Jackson as well....that kid is an awesome athlete with big arm...but I believe he will stick Louisville and Petrino.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
alcoholica;n159259 said:
Might not be the coaches directing it, but going along for the ride instead of pushing. For instance, recruit says i want to go to UF, but I want to announce it on NSD. If UF pushes the recruit because they want momentum, recruit may decide that they don't like being pressured, and go to a school that has had more success recently.

Who knows what's going on. It is pretty apparent that Muschamp has sabotaged the class to one degree or another and that the new staff hasn't killed it. I think if we had kept Lawing and Durkin, we may be having better luck, but I doubt it. Summers is still here and he's having to pull 2* kids
My guess is the coaches aren't directing it either. I think its a coordinated effort by some recruits (the big 3 or 4) wanting to make a big splash on NSD. We're just along for the ride. Good for us if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.