***Official Spring Football Thread***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup, that's what you get with QBs who are running backs first and passers second, to run a middle school style offense.

I hope we never recruit another.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yup, that's what you get with QBs who are running backs first and passers second, to run a middle school style offense.

I hope we never recruit another.

I agree. I want a real QB, a guy that can sling it all over the field. I hope Franks becomes that guy. With his athleticism, he could be dangerous.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yup, that's what you get with QBs who are running backs first and passers second, to run a middle school style offense..
Shouldn't Trask be perfect for that? A middle school offense is the only kind he has ever ran after all.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw that article and stopped when I realized it was one GC writer basically interviewing another GC writer. Going back to it now, I see it leads off with a discussion of one of them spending several hours over Friday and Saturday at baseball games and some football sprinkled in. A bit of 'woe is me' for the writers I could do without. I appreciate they are actually attending UF sporting events and writing about them, that puts them miles ahead of Dooley/Andreu, but I do fear we are mere weeks away from a listing of their iPod playlists once basketball is done and they are filling time between baseball games with football in the quiet time.

EDIT - noticed several of the pictures on that site are from staff photographer "David Bowie". Really?
I did some checking and sure enough, it is - Gator Country’s photographer David Bowie was on hand for the game and he brings you an exclusive photo gallery of the Gators win over.............
b4c560ec6b78d8095ac1ab5c3da88488.jpg

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zach Abolverdi had a periscope and answered some questions, I few things he said...

Expects the quarterback position to be between Del Rio and Appleby, thinks McElwain would want to redshirt both Frank's and Trask.

He said he expects the running back battle to be primarily between Scarlett and Thompson. Expects it to be a 3 headed beast though with Cronkrite.

He said from what he's seen in practice the most impactful receivers so far have been Swain, Worton, and Massey. Says Worton has been playing well as well as swain, and that Massey is just an electrifying player.

He said the offensive line actually looks pretty good. Even said this position could be a strength if we can figure out our starting 5. I loved hearing this.

Says the defensive line looks good, Brantley looks great as well as Cox. Whole defensive line looks good.

He said he thinks the depth at linebacker could be really good if those like Anzalone and Mcmillian could actually contribute. Davis looks really good.

Claimed that Washington is currently starting at SS alongside Maye it seems, and that Dawson is taking over Poole's place. Gardener is being played everywhere.

Lastly, he said Pinerio looks good and is definitely the kicker, and that the KR will probably be Massey. Figured you guys would enjoy hearing these things.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zach Abolverdi had a periscope and answered some questions, I few things he said...

Expects the quarterback position to be between Del Rio and Appleby, thinks McElwain would want to redshirt both Frank's and Trask.

He said he expects the running back battle to be primarily between Scarlett and Thompson. Expects it to be a 3 headed beast though with Cronkrite.

He said from what he's seen in practice the most impactful receivers so far have been Swain, Worton, and Massey. Says Worton has been playing well as well as swain, and that Massey is just an electrifying player.

He said the offensive line actually looks pretty good. Even said this position could be a strength if we can figure out our starting 5. I loved hearing this.

Says the defensive line looks good, Brantley looks great as well as Cox. Whole defensive line looks good.

He said he thinks the depth at linebacker could be really good if those like Anzalone and Mcmillian could actually contribute. Davis looks really good.

Claimed that Washington is currently starting at SS alongside Maye it seems, and that Dawson is taking over Poole's place. Gardener is being played everywhere.

Lastly, he said Pinerio looks good and is definitely the kicker, and that the KR will probably be Massey. Figured you guys would enjoy hearing these things.
Thanks Claw!
a71f0788afbeedc30a0630431b7cbd9c.jpg

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

He said from what he's seen in practice the most impactful receivers so far have been Swain, Worton, and Massey. Says Worton has been playing well as well as swain, and that Massey is just an electrifying player

Pretty sure I said in my "Breakout Players for 2016" that I expect Worton and Scarlett to be the ones that do. Hopefully these guys prove me right this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This entire assessment by him is weird. Everything that I've seen has said that it's Del Rio's to lose. Trask may even be second! Appleby is only an emergency reserve.

As far as receivers are concerned everything that I have seen has said that Massey is fast but has not been particularly impressive on routes. As far as him talking about him returning kicks that's not new information. That's the reason he was brought in. And I've seen nothing saying that Swain is the best receiver. I have seen that with Worton. The other person that I am consistently hearing about is Hammonds. Not Swain.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Just hearing and seeing a lot about our team "playing well against air" and getting concerned.

Crucial

Sick Beat Writer
Dec 9, 2014
With all due respect and I do mean all due respect, the Bowl has no clue how many points there are on a football.
Less than 3 but greater than 1.
If you believe in Jesus ya betta call him son.
Tell him you on the way, cause ya boy Crucial's cray.
Puttin this senseless Law to rest will be a piece of cake.
Of course the answer's 2, and you shoulda knew.
That's how many gerbils are runnin loose in you.
Your girl still exclaims even tho I miss some things,
While she's grind on my **** and straightnin my bangs.
The Chatta crew knows that the jokes on you,
Keep it easy fellas don't let the Law bind you!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Hahahahahahahs...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator