***Official UF vs USCe Game Thread***

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
we won! why in the sam hel does trick plays catch us with our dics out everytime?:dunno:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;312637 said:
Come on defense one more stop

How the heck did we have another extra point blocked...at least it went in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hardin doesn't always get it up. He may need to visit GNC.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Oline played well against a crappy D. We shoulda had more completions and Treon threw 2-3 that amazingly were not picks. Hard to tell if we're improving or just lowly competition.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Ancient Reptile;312655 said:
Psychic, I assume.

Reverse psychology...post that here and hope for the better lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just got home from Columbia myself, three observations:

(1) Our defense is flat out sick at times. They will bitch slap Cook and the Semenholes.

(2) The offense with Harris would look one helluva lot different if we weren't protecting him from injury since we have nobody behind him at all. If Harris could at least run some more spread option look it would open things up more. When we get to Atlanta, it wouldn't shock me to see Mac really open it up in this regard and we see that element featured, injury be damned since an SEC title and playoff berth likely in the balance.

(3) It is the most apathetic I have seen the South Carolina fanbase, and that includes during that miserable 22 game losing streak they had back in 1998-99. Their student section was only 2/3rd's full, loads of empty seats as you saw on television, and plentiful numbers of tix outside. I already had freebies from my Gamecock Club friend, but $70 tix were going for half price about an hour before kick, at least from the two people I just asked out of curiosity at the Fairgrounds while walking over. Credit to their interim HC for keeping his team fighting until the end, if that place had been full and rocking when they needed it, who knows what the hell could have happened.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
gardnerwebbgator;n312766 said:

(1) Our defense is flat out sick at times. They will bitch slap Cook and the Semenholes.

(2) The offense with Harris would look one helluva lot different if we weren't protecting him from injury since we have nobody behind him at all. If Harris could at least run some more spread option look it would open things up more. When we get to Atlanta, it wouldn't shock me to see Mac really open it up in this regard and we see that element featured, injury be damned since an SEC title and playoff berth likely in the balance.

(3) It is the most apathetic I have seen the South Carolina fanbase, and that includes during that miserable 22 game losing streak they had back in 1998-99. Their student section was only 2/3rd's full, loads of empty seats as you saw on television, and plentiful numbers of tix outside. I already had freebies from my Gamecock Club friend, but $70 tix were going for half price about an hour before kick, at least from the two people I just asked out of curiosity at the Fairgrounds while walking over. Credit to their interim HC for keeping his team fighting until the end, if that place had been full and rocking when they needed it, who knows what the hell could have happened.

Thanks for the first hand observations. I could hear Gators on the TV which is unusual in my experience. Maybe I should plan on going sometime in the future if tickets are so easy to get.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ChiefGator;n312770 said:
Thanks for the first hand observations. I could hear Gators on the TV which is unusual in my experience. Maybe I should plan on going sometime in the future if tickets are so easy to get.

I know alot of the empty seats were originally UF tix that were returned (the top of that upper deck in the end zone being the most), but I've never seen their fans so lackluster and blah. You know what is happening in the upper corner of their state has to be eating at them. I know they've all had a helluva time with the flooding as well and monies have to be spent to rebuild instead of going to Columbia for a game.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
gardnerwebbgator;n312773 said:
I know alot of the empty seats were originally UF tix that were returned (the top of that upper deck in the end zone being the most), but I've never seen their fans so lackluster and blah. You know what is happening in the upper corner of their state has to be eating at them. I know they've all had a helluva time with the flooding as well and monies have to be spent to rebuild instead of going to Columbia for a game.

Yes we tend to forget that flooding takes a long time to address, and SOS leaving might have a negative impact on the fans. Even though it was in the best interest of SC that he did leave early.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n312766 said:

Agreed.
When it was 17-0 in the third quarter it was the quietest SEC road stadium I've ever experienced. You could just about hear crickets. The SC fans around us were decidedly fatalistic and didn't expect anything positive to happen for most of the day. The upper deck opposite the press box seemed to be mostly Gator fans with a pretty strong Orange/Blue chant going in the second half.
Always fun to win on the road and send the home crowd packing early (though I briefly feared they left too early).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator