OL Rod Johnson Career Over

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The guy on the bottom left looks like he's in some major pain from a gas bubble or something.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n208775 said:
That's a tough loss for him and the team. But, at least he won't have the risk of being paralyzed. Hopefully UF will keep him on scholarship and he can help the team out.

I think they (the SEC) passed a rule stating all scholarships are for 4 years when offered. Probably called the Saban Rule due to him sending kids packing each year when he oversigned. I also think there might be a rule that those type of scholarships (medical hardship) don't count against the team (dare I ask Concrete to clarify this?)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n209123 said:
I think they (the SEC) passed a rule stating all scholarships are for 4 years when offered. Probably called the Saban Rule due to him sending kids packing each year when he oversigned. I also think there might be a rule that those type of scholarships (medical hardship) don't count against the team (dare I ask Concrete to clarify this?)

I thought it was that 4 year scholarships could be offered, not that all scholarships have to be 4 years.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n209126 said:
I thought it was that 4 year scholarships could be offered, not that all scholarships have to be 4 years.
You are right, it appears a school has the option of offering a 4 year scholarship that is guaranteed for the 4 years if they don't violate school rules, they cannot have it pulled for poor performance or not playing like little Satan likes to do. Within 2 years it will probably be a gimme as schools who offer it have a recruiting advantage.

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/...-new-ncaa.html

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
New term = "Maclass". This will soften the blow of "forced retirement". Rod can turn his sights on teaching newcomers
and oldies too. A same level inspirer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n209827 said:
Within 2 years it will probably be a gimme as schools who offer it have a recruiting advantage.
Losing isn't a recruiting advantage. Weve been offering these 4 year guaranteed no matter how much you suck scholarships for 5 years and its lead us to the worst record in 35 years and rosters that are worse than our probation years.

Meanwhile all the top talent begs Bammer for a commutable offer despite their activities.

Your proposition is unsupported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.