stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im sure we have this already but didnt see it. They have screwed up a lot of the old reruns by editing them. Well, for the first time in my history The Andy Griffith show i heard something new. The episode where Briscoe Darling gets sweet on Aunt Bee. He thinks she is hitting on him. The opening scene was them playing and they were playing the famous music from Deliverance. The Darlings were a real group called THe Dillards I think.

Then I found this
"Dueling Banjos" is an instrumental composition by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith. The song was composed in 1955 by Smith as a banjo instrumental he called "Feudin' Banjos," which contained riffs from "Yankee Doodle." Smith recorded it playing a four-string plectrum banjo and accompanied by five-string bluegrass banjo player Don Reno. The composition's first wide scale airing was on a 1963 television episode of The Andy Griffith Show called "Briscoe Declares for Aunt Bee," in which it is played by visiting musical family the Darlings (played by The Dillards, a bluegrass group).

Found it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
All this time I thought it was an Eric Weissberg creation... dammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.