Ole Miss LB Denzel Nkemdiche found unresponsive

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Report: Denzel Nkemdiche was “unresponsive” before being hospitalized

Sam Spiegelman
SEC Country Staff

Denzel Nkemdiche, the older brother of Ole Miss junior defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche, was hospitalized in Jackson, Miss. early on Monday morning after he was found unresponsive, according to The Clarion-Ledger’s Sarah Fowler.

The report, which shed a little more light on this latest incident, cited a Ridgeland Police Department press release stating that officers responded to a call for an “unresponsive male.” The call was considered to be a “medical aid call,” to which the Ridgeland Fire Department was called to the scene for assistance.

Nkemdiche was hospitalized at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he was not checked in under his name. Ole Miss officials did not initially specify whether it was Denzel or Robert Nkemdiche in the hospital.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those two brothers are serious druggies, and I would think the NFL would think it over before they take the fatter one in the top 10 of the draft.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I don't understand the thought process of these kids. Wake the hell up! Sign your contract and THEN do the drugs. $20 million will fill a lot more street prescriptions than a job at DQ. That's just math.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why dont these guys wait till they get their second nfl contract before they start living like charlie sheen and lamar Odom

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don't wind up down on the floor unresponsive from smoking pot, do ya ?
Only after you fall asleep - but most folks can be woken up, no matter how stoned they are. But I agree, there's more than weed being ingested by these guys, that's pretty obvious.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
As to why..it does affect the developing teen brain and later problems to some.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Only after you fall asleep - but most folks can be woken up, no matter how stoned they are. But I agree, there's more than weed being ingested by these guys, that's pretty obvious.
I've heard they were using synthetic weed and those bath salts. Bad stuff from the little I've seen about those drugs.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
No doubt whatever these guys are using isn't your everyday run of the mill Mary-j. Sad thing is they're already hooked and basically no better than your average druggie. Would be surprised to see them in football by spring camps without major help in the form of rehab. Casual users aren't found unresponsive.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
why isn't the attempted cover up by Ol' Miss a story?

"Nkemdiche was hospitalized at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he was not checked in under his name".

When was the last time you saw a UF player incident that was covered up?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
why isn't the attempted cover up by Ol' Miss a story?

"Nkemdiche was hospitalized at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he was not checked in under his name".

When was the last time you saw a UF player incident that was covered up?

When meyer was here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand the thought process of these kids. Wake the hell up! Sign your contract and THEN do the drugs. $20 million will fill a lot more street prescriptions than a job at DQ. That's just math.
Ray, Conscious thought processes don't have a lot to do with it, which is why it doesn't make sense to you. The behaviors are not driven by mediated thought processes. One or 2 bad decision early on thinking you are invincible and in control, and the right drug and right internal setup for addiction, and then sound judgement, objectivity, clarity of rational thinking, stop being controlling factors..

Last edited:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt whatever these guys are using isn't your everyday run of the mill Mary-j. Sad thing is they're already hooked and basically no better than your average druggie. Would be surprised to see them in football by spring camps without major help in the form of rehab. Casual users aren't found unresponsive.
Basically, I agree with you, although I do think there can be some exceptions to this. For instance, I knew one guy in college that had very atypical reactions to marijuana that essentially made him psychotic when smoking, and unable to stop until he couldn't pick up the joint. Turned out he had some metabolic problems. However, he was not the norm. Agree it is a drug with heavy effects.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When meyer was here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whatever do you mean?

WEB_UFArrests070913_750x500_11099502_8col1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.