Ole Miss Plays Freshman QB Shea Patterson, beats A&M

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
There has been talk on this board about playing redshirt quarterbacks Kyle Trask or Felipe Franks. Ole Miss facing a losing season and with Chad Kelly going down with a torn ACL, Coach Hugh Freeze took the redshirt off freshman Shea Patterson. He responded with 25 - 42 passing for 338 yards and two touchdowns. Ole Miss upset Texas A&M 29-28 on a last minute field goal.This amazing play reminded the Kyle Field Texas A&M home crowd of Johnny Manziel.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A QB wearing number 20 is pretty odd. Although Doug Flutie did wear 22.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep he played pretty good. I wish we would have put one of ours in earlier in the season. I doubt Mac does it now unless Appleby goes down. Not sure if I would want one of them in there against LSU with no prior experience whatsoever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Patterson, five star kid, all world QB from Florida. We didn't get a sniff...... and ended up stealing a high school backup headed to a Div 3 school.

Thanks Butters and Nuss.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the morning fishslap complete with Musberger.

Karl Sheppard

Sep 17, 2016
Yep he played pretty good. I wish we would have put one of ours in earlier in the season. I doubt Mac does it now unless Appleby goes down. Not sure if I would want one of them in there against LSU with no prior experience whatsoever.

If he doesn't put them in against LSU with no prior experience then one of them will probably start the 1st game of the season next year against Michigan with no prior experience! Unless anyone thinks LDR will be the starter next year.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he doesn't put them in against LSU with no prior experience then one of them will probably start the 1st game of the season next year against Michigan with no prior experience! Unless anyone thinks LDR will be the starter next year.

I would guess you haven't read Ox's post on LDR's future at Florida....

:bart:

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Patterson, five star kid, all world QB from Florida. We didn't get a sniff...... and ended up stealing a high school backup headed to a Div 3 school.

Thanks Butters and Nuss.
could be wrong but Patterson was not a florida kid. I think he was just at IMG for a year

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Those other schools, playing freshman QBs....they have better talent and offensive coaches than we do, apparently.

I still stick by my statement from last week that Del Rio should have never taken a 2nd half snap. This proves the theory in the first paragraph.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Logic on this board is just not used
You give such short responses to a lot of things, primarily showing your disapproval. I'd love to hear your personal thoughts on the state of the program and its future.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think ole miss gave pattersons brother a job on the staff or support staff

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

There have been a lot of Redshirt Freshman quarterbacks who played well without having taken a snap prior to the opening game. Manziel and Grier come to mind. Of course, we are dealing with coaches who wouldn't pull LDR for a single series against the Hogs. Why take a chance on missing a 3 and out opportunity.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks Butters and Nuss.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Patterson was college ready before he ended his senior year of high school, was a top 10 national player. He's as good if not better than Eason. Comparing him to Franks isn't fair. Kid needs time on the bench

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator