Ole Piss v Vandy Game

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Mississippi and Missouri playing terrible today. Hopefully that continues and we can beat both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Honestly I'd rather their "wake up call" have been against us. Rather them have rolled vandy and come in here sky high and fat on media praise.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure they had a huge letdown after Bama

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My take: Ole Miss is over-rated... We have a chance..

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They'll be dialed in when they come to town, you can be assured of that. We better be as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We better tackle better and forget the once in twenty attempts strip the ball mentality of tackling as we know our O is a work in progress. The D should know better... it's blow them up not pin ball.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When you beat Bama @ Bama...you're not overrated. Not going to start worrying about the next game until...who knows...maybe Friday.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The only part of that Vandy game that surprised me was that it was a home affair for the Rebels. I could see that happening in Nashville but in Oxford? Still, they will be prepared for us, I have no doubt

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They'll be prepared but I still think with this team any game is winnable. Vandy doing what they did proves that OM can be exploited.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ole miss hasn't seen a team that can man their receivers up like us. That could cause some problems. Bama also handed them the ball a couple times and ole piss scored on a fluke play. After watching vandy hang with em, our guys are gonna go into that game believing. They are overrated.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I don't care how much you prepare your team as a coach there is just a tendency to "play down" (i.e. not with the same amount of enthusiasm) after a big win when your next game is with a lesser opponent. Coaches know that is going to happen. They warn against it. Players themselves know it can happen. But it still happens. It's human nature. That's what happened with Ole Miss playing Vanderbilt.

Ole Miss will "play up" for Florida. Some of that is the big state (Florida) versus little state (Mississippi) mentality that has been a factor in Ole Miss upsets of Florida in the past. But this time the Rebels come into the game ranked higher than Florida and the Gators have something to prove. So Florida will be "playing up" this time.

Both teams will be ready. It will be a great SEC contest in the Swamp.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How major Ole Miss is will depend so much on our individual match-ups. Hope we have "shut-down" match-ups
with their stars. Keep the Go Gators.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n286657 said:
Ole miss hasn't seen a team that can man their receivers up like us. That could cause some problems. Bama also handed them the ball a couple times and ole piss scored on a fluke play. After watching vandy hang with em, our guys are gonna go into that game believing. They are overrated.

They are a pass heavy team and we should get Tabor (aka "Smokey") back for this one. Might come down to their ability to run on our front 7 if our DBs do their job.

I do believe this will be our toughest game, to date

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They're not going to be big favorites. I guessing it opens at about UF +5. Anyone have an opening line?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n286637 said:
When you beat Bama @ Bama...you're not overrated. Not going to start worrying about the next game until...who knows...maybe Friday.

Bama is over-rated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.