One Thing

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Well I know all of us have been anxious for another week of football, works almost done for the week and Saturday is upon us. Looking for another big win.

However, the one thing that I really DO NOT want to see this weekend is a bunch of empty seats in The Swamp. Rewatching the EMU game I guess I didn't realize how many empty seats we had.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe a big chunk of the empty sections are from EMU not selling. I could be wrong.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I thought that also but when looking at it again, I'm not so sure that was the case

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
thing1_color.png

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
I believe a big chunk of the empty sections are from EMU not selling. I could be wrong.
Never a problem BM.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My guess is at least 5000 empty seats.....and 9 penalties....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
there was a high percentage chance of rain that day. it just happened to skirt Gainesville. Probably had a lot of central Florida and Jax fans decide not to risk another cancellation. I'd anticipate a good crowd

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
The important games will always be full, now how we play will determine if they stay full. I expect the Kentucky game to be a full crowd. Last week was the result of a 4-8 season, rainout the previous week with projected rain, it being EMU and people just not trusting this team until they showed something. Now people have some hope that this team might actually have an offense and not just 1/3 of the team dedicated to winning time of possession.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The big chunk in the upper deck was EMU's, NV is right, they even mentioned it during the game, guess their fans didn't want to travel.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There were around 20,000 empty seats. Quite pathetic actually.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87;n47991 said:
The important games will always be full, now how we play will determine if they stay full. I expect the Kentucky game to be a full crowd. Last week was the result of a 4-8 season, rainout the previous week with projected rain, it being EMU and people just not trusting this team until they showed something. Now people have some hope that this team might actually have an offense and not just 1/3 of the team dedicated to winning time of possession.

So we'll have about 9-10K more fairweather fans in the stadium this week. Can't wait!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see it's time for thread naming class to be in session again.

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
chferg;n47949 said:
Well I know all of us have been anxious for another week of football, works almost done for the week and Saturday is upon us. Looking for another big win.
However, the one thing that I really DO NOT want to see this weekend is a bunch of empty seats in The Swamp. Rewatching the EMU game I guess I didn't realize how many empty seats we had.

Are you going to the game?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n47993 said:
The big chunk in the upper deck was EMU's, NV is right, they even mentioned it during the game, guess their fans didn't want to travel.

Most money game teams don't sell their seats. They turned them back in and UF would sell the seats.

UF just can't find anyone to buy those seats now.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
dphgator96 said:
chferg;n47949 said:

Are you going to the game?
I'd give anything to catch a game in the Swamp...I just graduated from college, I live in northern Missouri and I have absolutely no money to make a game down there. In fact, watching us play Missouri last year was the first time I had ever got to see us play in person. Even though we lost, I was still happy to finally see a game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zambo said:
Agreed. My favorite is a thread title w/ just a name: "Urban Meyer" or "Adam Lane". Well, WTF about Adam Lane or Urban Meyer? It's almost as if the OP is a borderline retard....I'd say at least 50%, maybe 67% retard.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator said:
sonomagator;n47993 said:

Most money game teams don't sell their seats. They turned them back in and UF would sell the seats.

UF just can't find anyone to buy those seats now.
All those years of sh*tting on the fans is biting them in the ass now.

2 years ago my family tried to add 1 seat to our 2 seats (to give us a total of 3 tickets together). The UAA said they couldn't accomodate us. WTF? Seriously? They made no effort to assist us and there are open seats all around the block. GREAT way to run a business! This ain't 2006 anymore!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Zambo said:
Actually I'd say they are borderline genius. It's clickbait...it draws you in to see what the OP has to say rather than brush it off...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think UK should be close to a sellout unlike the EM game.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
For the record on this,
We completely sold out the student section. There was a total attendance of 81,000. E Michigan was given 6,000 and sold almost none. That was the empty section in the southeast corner. Other than we were only missing 3-4k Gators in the seats on a game that was expected to rain out.
Kentucky has not sold out yet, but is very very close. The student section is beyond sold out, and the only sections left to fill are a few of the north endzone seats.
Sorry for not posting much anymore I have been busy with classes/job with UAA/ undergraduate research!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.