Opening Line - we've got 'em right where we want 'em

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is giving us a little respect actually even at home with what Ole Miss has done so far..

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
what was the spread 4 weeks ago?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's quite a bit of respect for UF. Thought it would be higher.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n286954 said:
Yeah, that's quite a bit of respect for UF. Thought it would be higher.

So did I. They'll probably get a ton of action on that line right away.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Funny thread title. When the UT game was 27-13, a buddy of mine looked at me and said, "we've got 'em right where we want them." He reminded me that he said that about 20 minutes after the game ended.

Maybe we will steal a few more this year and take it all next year. There something special about the seasons with a six in the year. ('96, '06).

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprising. It'll be a tough game for us. But anything is possible.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n286960 said:
Funny thread title. When the UT game was 27-13, a buddy of mine looked at me and said, "we've got 'em right where we want them." He reminded me that he said that about 20 minutes after the game ended.

Maybe we will steal a few more this year and take it all next year. There something special about the seasons with a six in the year. ('96, '06).

I said the same thing to the UT fan right next to me. Botch called a timeout and I told him....If UF scores on that drive, we'll win the game.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
TN G8tr;287122 said:
Botch called a timeout...

Typo or intentional? It's a very appropriate nickname. Funny stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Go Gata;n286960 said:
There something special about the seasons with a six in the year. ('96, '06).

Hall's 1986 Florida Gators compiled a 6–5 overall record and a Southeastern Conference (SEC) record of 2–4, tying for seventh place among the ten SEC teams.

Well - maybe just the last two.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n287142 said:
Hall's 1986 Florida Gators compiled a 6–5 overall record and a Southeastern Conference (SEC) record of 2–4, tying for seventh place among the ten SEC teams.

Well - maybe just the last two.

Hmmmm. Okay, how about Spurrier's Heisman in '66? :whistle:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So this season has built up nicely in terms of step up in quality of opponent each week, and that certainly doesn't change this week. So far, these guys have passed the test. We know more now about who we are, what we have (and don't have), as well as the areas for continued improvement.

This game against Ole Miss is now the true measuring stick of the season. I firmly believe that we have the horses to compete in this conference, this year, however, whether or not these young guys can overcome their mistakes and make less of them going forward, will be the key to our success.

This game is going to teach us a lot about where our defense as a whole really is, as well as if, and how much, our offensive line is improving. I believe we have a quality group of receivers, but plays will have to develop, and that hinges on the improvement of the O line.

At this point in the season, I think it would be a mistake, possibly even detrimental, if Harris were given any consideration for any real playing time against Ole Miss, short of Grier getting injured. I think the offense is starting to find a cohesiveness, though yes there is still a ways to go, but if we go back to a QB rotation, you can forget this game. It's time to ride or die with Grier. Over the last two weeks, it's pretty clear, at least to me, that this offense trusts Grier, especially when it matters. That's big!

If we can tighten up the tackling, the secondary plays near flawless, the o line continues to hold it down and gives Grier the opportunity to make plays, then we have a fantastic shot this weekend. I believe these guys have the ability, will, and fight to win games, it's just a matter of cleaning it up a bit.

If we can shock the country on Saturday, we can compete with anyone on our schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.