OU vs Baylor

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Stoopsy mailing it in 'cuz he has a new job lined up or is Briles auditioning?
Just sayin'

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
That's a pipe dream, too bad we're stuck with Mussie another year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
chferg;n100411 said:
That's a pipe dream, too bad we're stuck with Mussie another year.

Is it? According to Ox's sources, chump has already been fired. While I know better than to put much stock in those kind of rumors, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm not sure Stoops is THE best option, but he would be a great fit and all but guarantee the 5* defensive players on our board will still sign with UF this year. And unlike certain other defensive coaches, he understands the value of scoring offensive points... and using the forward pass... I think a fresh start would be good for Stoops.

I'll hold my breath...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We can take Stoops off the list now like Sumlin. They are losing as much as Muschamp this season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops is on major career autopilot right now. Oklahoma can keep him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n100422 said:
Stoops is on major career autopilot right now.
Exactly why it's time for a fresh start here.

I'd rather have Briles, but by all accounts the only way he's going to leave Texas is in a coffin.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n100422 said:
Stoops is on major career autopilot right now. Oklahoma can keep him.

It's better than being on career suicide watch

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n100428 said:

I'd rather have Briles, but by all accounts the only way he's going to leave Texas is in a coffin.

Weren't you advocating for Stoops like two weeks ago?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n100430 said:
It's better than being on career suicide watch

We're not comparing our new coach to Muschamp. We're comparing our new coach to the other candidates. I think this is about the 8 millionth time I've said that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n100434 said:
We're not comparing our new coach to Muschamp. We're comparing our new coach to the other candidates. I think this is about the 8 millionth time I've said that.

Chill it was a joke I couldn't resist

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n100436 said:
Sas, you must have loved Zook? The quintessential* players coach.

*quintasential: constituting, serving as, or worthy of being a pattern to be imitated

You're consistently the dumbest and most annoying person on this board.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n100451 said:
I wouldn't want to take that honor from you. Did you or did you not love Zook?

No, I didn't like Zook. Where in my posts about not wanting Stoops did I say anything about liking or not liking Muschamp? Where in my posts in the last few weeks have I said anything other than I'd be fine with a coaching change? Maybe you were too busy making 11 straight posts in the same thread that all say the same thing to notice. Jesus you're f*cking dense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n100454 said:
You just seem tike the kinda guy who woulda loved Zook. Just asking Sas - didn't mean to give you such butthurt.

You're the quintessential dumbass.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n100428 said:

Just for some perspective...... In his 1st three years at Baylor, Briles was 15-21, At Houston he was 16-20, first three years.

Muschamp was 22-16...in his first three years.

I don't think Briles is a upgrade.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n100469 said:
Just for some perspective...... In his 1st three years at Baylor, Briles was 15-21, At Houston he was 16-20, first three years.

Muschamp was 22-16...in his first three years.

I don't think Briles is a upgrade.

Did you look at their records right before he got to either place? My recollection is that they were both really bad and the cupboard was bare as far as talent. He left Houston better than they were and his work at Baylor speaks for itself. As far as coming here, the cupboard is not bare and all he would have to do is coach...

On a down note, I heard on the broadcast today that he signed an extension thru 2013, so I think Ox is right, he ain't leaving...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n100482 said:
Did you look at their records right before he got to either place? My recollection is that they were both really bad and the cupboard was bare as far as talent. He left Houston better than they were and his work at Baylor speaks for itself. As far as coming here, the cupboard is not bare and all he would have to do is coach...

On a down note, I heard on the broadcast today that he signed an extension thru 2013, so I think Ox is right, he ain't leaving...

Houston: Briles inherited a program that had lost its way on the field but was stocked with young talent from Dimel's exceptional recruiting classes. The Cougars had only won eight games in Dimel's three-year tenure, but things were about to change. In his first season, Briles led the Cougars to a 7–5 record and their first bowl appearance since the 1996 season. The Cougars lost the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl to the Hawaii Warriors 54–48 in triple overtime on Christmas Day, 2003.
After a successful inaugural season under Briles, the Cougars fell back to 3–8 in 2004. Briles guided the Cougars to a 6–6 season in 2005 and an appearance in the Fort Worth Bowl. The Cougars' hopes for a winning season were ended in a 42–13 bowl-game rout at the hands of the Kansas Jayhawks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.