Our 2001 Gators- The greatest team to never win squat

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was Steve’s best offense . Hands down, no questions asked . We weren’t as strong against the run as we could’ve been, but it was mostly Hoke being worthless that ultimately made this team a failure . Can you imagine Billy Bob going 10-2 and telling the press we didn’t win **** this year .Steve was/is a man . Baby dick Billy hasn’t had his nuts drop yet.

The game at Auburn still pisses me off. Did the whole team get hammered on Friday night ? We were sleep walking out there . This is where that team needed a Siler or Spikes. A man to take charge and lead by example . Andra Davis was a decent backer but he failed his teammates from a leadership standpoint.

It goes without saying the next time you hear a assnole whine about missing the playoffs, you kick that worthless son of a bitch in the balls and tell him to go suck a Docket dick . We all know the happy horse**** those assnoles pulled against Graham. Hope the good for nothing bastards rot in hell . No sympathy here!

Rex somehow didn’t win the Heismen that year . It was highway robbery ! Obviously we will never know how it would’ve played out against a great canes team, but a Texas-SC type game was most likely in the cards . All down the tubes thanks to the dirty assnoles and Jon Hokes sorry ass .
**** FSU and make gator football great again!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Still think ‘96, maybe even ‘95 were better offenses, but yes it was awesome.

Also, see @Kevlo911 above.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Still think ‘96, maybe even ‘95 were better offenses, but yes it was awesome.

Also, see @Kevlo911 above.
01 didn’t have a Mike or Johnny Rutledge to get the d ready and in position . Hoke damn sure wasn’t going to do it and it cost us . Other than the 09 SEC title game , there isn’t one game I want another crack at more than 01 in the swamp against the Vols .Fat Phil vs Steve? We take that game 99 percent of the time .

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, the 2001 team was damn good. Grossman played like shyt against Auburn with his 4 int’s and 9/11 threw a curveball with the Tennessee game. We should have run the table that year as a prelude to the NC game. I think we would have blown the doors off Miami had we played them.

I‘ve always believed that SOS felt before the season that this team was hands down the best in the country and would win the natty, and that he made his mind up before the season that 2001 would be his last in Gainesville so he could try his hand in the NFL. No proof of this by me, just my opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier was just as bad at picking defensive coordinators as Meyer was (at UF) at picking offensive coordinators.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
01 didn’t have a Mike or Johnny Rutledge to get the d ready and in position . Hoke damn sure wasn’t going to do it and it cost us . Other than the 09 SEC title game , there isn’t one game I want another crack at more than 01 in the swamp against the Vols .Fat Phil vs Steve? We take that game 99 percent of the time .

Well I was talking offense.

But yeah, I didn’t like Hoke, but the truth is we just came out flat and didn’t respect them.

I’d also add Lsu 2020 to your do-over games. That’s what that night felt like to me(‘01 ut). Mullen or not, Trask and that offense could’ve won something that year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I was talking offense.

But yeah, I didn’t like Hoke, but the truth is we just came out flat and didn’t respect them.

I’d also add Lsu 2020 to your do-over games. That’s what that night felt like to me(‘01 ut). Mullen or not, Trask and that offense could’ve won something that year.
100 percent . Marco blew that game as well the one in Texas against A &M . By the way SoFla, guess where I Am? 30,000 feet above your head ya bastard !

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier was just as bad at picking defensive coordinators as Meyer was (at UF) at picking offensive coordinators.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ten years from now, the girls school will have a similar thread about 2023.

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
That 2001 team was loaded on both sides in terms of future NFLers…although I think the 08 team ended up with more….regardless, Sexy Rexy should have won the Heisman…that offense would have put up a much better game against that Miami team than Nebraska did….this may not be a popular opinion but I don’t think we lost to UT because we didn’t have Graham…we still scored 32….defense just didn’t show up

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Well as much as I liked the 2001 team the 1985 is still my favorite team without a trophy at 9-1-1 final ranking of #5 loaded roster with Kerwin Bell, Neal Anderson, John L Williams, Ricky Nattiel, Jarvis Williams, Louis Oliver and more. Those were all players brought in by Charlie Pell. Can no longer build a team brick by brick.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
That was one of the worst years in college football. We got shafted in every way imaginable. Crouch threw more INT's than TD's and somehow won the Heisman over Rex. What a joke. And on top of that they played for a national championship despite getting beat by a 100 points in their last game.

Worst season ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.