Our 3 most underrated recruits

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
At least he didn't say KadariusToney. I'm still hoping and praying someone steals his slow butt from us so we don't waste a scholly. As far as Davis is concerned, if he really is 180 then I don't want him. No featherweights at RB. Rivals has him at 187 and Scout at 190. That isnt as bad. Add 8-10 pounds and he'll be fine.

gatorkev85

That article was nothing more than click bait, he was just trying to get UF fans excited about anything because he knows there is nothing to be excited about these days.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
As the old saying goes "the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every once in awhile". The recruiting services are right about 90% of the time but carry on!
90% is probably a little high, I'd say they get it right about 70-75% though but you're point is valid.....you play the odds and shoot for the highest rated players not hope and pray that you get lucky with guys who are flying below the radar.

Then again we're talking about a coach and staff that ran off an undefeated, 5 star QB with a half season of favorable experience under his belt and a rocket for an arm for a 2 time transfer that is vertically challenged and has a noodle arm:headslap:

That article was nothing more than click bait, he was just trying to get UF fans excited about anything because he knows there is nothing to be excited about these days.

Chance to win the East this weekend? Yeah, you're right. Nothing at all to get excited about. Honestly, if you can only get excited to watch/follow the gators when we're contending for championships, you should probably consider spending your precious time on other endeavors until we're back to that level.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
90% is probably a little high, I'd say they get it right about 70-75% though but you're point is valid.....you play the odds and shoot for the highest rated players not hope and pray that you get lucky with guys who are flying below the radar.

Then again we're talking about a coach and staff that ran off an undefeated, 5 star QB with a half season of favorable experience under his belt and a rocket for an arm for a 2 time transfer that is vertically challenged and has a noodle arm:headslap:
I use to get pissed off at this bull$hit but now I expect it! Smh!!!!!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
It doesn't really matter that Ahmad Black was a 4 star recruit. All that matters is that the pumpers WANT it to be true that he was a zero star unranked recruit. They will repeat it forever regardless no matter how many times you link to rivals https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/44921 and prove them wrong.
Yep...despite the facts some will continue to rant & rave saying "stars don't matter" or "we'll trust the coaching evaluations over the recruiting services" even though it's been proven over & over again that the school’s pulling in elite talent consistently compete for championship's.

Gator Fever

Yep...despite the facts some will continue to rant & rave saying "stars don't matter" or "we'll trust the coaching evaluations over the recruiting services" even though it's been proven over & over again that the school’s pulling in elite talent consistently compete for championship's.

I think that 2010 Auburn team was the only SEC Champion without real good recruiting classes (since they started rating this stuff like they do now) the years before the SEC Championship but they had a couple of players on that team that really dominated college ball.

Jbossgator8

Lifetime Member
Byron Cowart was the #1 overall player in the 2015 class and he spurned us to go to Auburn. How is he doing over there?? Top recruit and star 5 star recruit??!! He is out for the year injured and hasn't done anything at all.

T REX

Byron Cowart was the #1 overall player in the 2015 class and he spurned us to go to Auburn. How is he doing over there?? Top recruit and star 5 star recruit??!! He is out for the year injured and hasn't done anything at all.

I'm pretty sure this staff wanted him very badly. One bad freshman year so now all 5 stars are evil?

The bottom line is the bust rate is lowest at the top. If anyone thinks this staff is out-smarting everyone else on the recruiting trail then they are complete morons. Hell, they can barely outsmart the better teams ON the field.

Gator Fever

Muschamp ruined him. Remember he tweeted crying about Muschamp being so hard on him while he was just trying to learn and get better.

Photo-Aug-22-1-52-06-PM.jpg

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
I think that 2010 Auburn team was the only SEC Champion without real good recruiting classes (since they started rating this stuff like they do now) the years before the SEC Championship but they had a couple of players on that team that really dominated college ball.
And yet....

#7 2007 13 4stars
#20 2008 2 5stars (Jermaine Johnson and Raven Gray) and only 4 4stars
#19 2009 9 4stars
#4 2010 3 5stars (Shon Coleman, sCam, Michael Dyer) and 13 4stars

Let me ask you guys, do you think there is any chance Barn wins without Scam and Dyer? Yeah, I know, Fairley, Coleman, Antoine Carter were important too, and 3 all SEC OL, but do they win without their gamechanging QB and RB? Do we win in 2008 without our gamechanging QB and RB/WR hybrid?

Do we have some useful pieces? Yeah. Do we have gamechangers? Not one that I've seen. Got any on the way? Jake Allen and Malik Davis? LOL

It's going to be over before it started and Mac can blame his lack of recruiting, if he cares at all while counting his dozens of millions we will pay him.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member
Tweener, always a tweener. Holland was worse. I said, even before it looked like those guys were going Barn that CeCe was the gem.

Cowart will be something when he either puts on good weight-- he is soft-- and can be a real DE/DT (he is probably too short for DE at 6'2" or 6'3" I think its the former) or drops weight and moves to LB (his pro position, if he has one).

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member
Callaway didn't even play HS sports. His only exposure to football was from that scene in Wedding Crashers and from overhearing neighborhood kids talk about Madden.
True. All true. I heard he didn't even get a walkon invite from a div 3 team like Trash did. The ultimate sleeper, Callaway the zero star recruit who was ranked 420th in his own county.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Chance to win the East this weekend? Yeah, you're right. Nothing at all to get excited about. Honestly, if you can only get excited to watch/follow the gators when we're contending for championships, you should probably consider spending your precious time on other endeavors until we're back to that level.
I can get excited when we're not contending if there is some exciting to see. What's exciting about this team? I'll wait...................... Yea nothing, our offense is pathetic with no imagination or creativity, recruiting is awful, the defense balls out one week then takes a half off every now and then when it feels like it. I love my Gators but this staff just takes all the fun out of it because of its lackluster ability to recruit or coach

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator