Our new QB gettin after that team out west!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't Crackumbus.

We call them Semis, Clowns, Free Shoes U, Big Top, Girls College, Reject State, Tallyhassee Community College and a thousand other things. Rapeis State is newer, but Date Rape State goes back to Janikowski and Booby Bowden's International Rules.

However, we don't borrow the Suckeyes' nickname for the Boogereaters, School Up North.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He better only be in Georiga because he is going to Six Flags :shakehead:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
SOS NEVER said that word. It was a Creyer thing.

As was the players rallying in front of the band to sing--and actually know the words to--the fight song and Alma Mater at the close of games. You can dislike a head coach but still acknowledge the good he brought with him. The SOW thing is definitely a B10 phrase, but it's still become UF lingo that strips a rival of their name. It's only lost its luster because of the current conditions. I'd be ok with shelving it until we turn those tables.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As was the players rallying in front of the band to sing--and actually know the words to--the fight song and Alma Mater at the close of games. You can dislike a head coach but still acknowledge the good he brought with him. The SOW thing is definitely a B10 phrase, but it's still become UF lingo that strips a rival of their name. It's only lost its luster because of the current conditions. I'd be ok with shelving it until we turn those tables.
I really thought Meyer would be here a while when he first got here, and then he turned into a pussy.

I'm with Law, it's Clown College or the Village of Shyteaters or anything else

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
SOS NEVER said that word. It was a Creyer thing.

Law, you and a few others here need to be tested for Alzheimer's.

While SOS might not have called them the SOW every freaking time, he was definitely THE FIRST. I remember seeing the video. Spurrier was discussing f$u during the speaking tour season with Gator Clubs around the state. He acted as if he was having trouble remembering "f$u," until he finally spit out, "um, you know, that school out west" as fans and media laughed along. The implication was that f$u's name wasn't worth remembering (rather than meyer's refusal to utter the name).

Years later, meyer commented during his first few days on the job the various reasons he chose to coach at UF. One of those reasons was his admiration of SOS, including among many things Spurrier's knack for taking jabs at rivals like the voles and noles. meyer specifically mentioned how funny it was that SOS referred to f$u as the "school out west."

Because Spurrier used other nicknames like "free shoes," I guess some of you forgot your Gator history. Don't let it happen again.

Go Gators!!!

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I knew I didn't have to respond. Thanks CG

Law, you and a few others here need to be tested for Alzheimer's.

While SOS might not have called them the SOW every freaking time, he was definitely THE FIRST. I remember seeing the video. Spurrier was discussing f$u during the speaking tour season with Gator Clubs around the state. He acted as if he was having trouble remembering "f$u," until he finally spit out, "um, you know, that school out west" as fans and media laughed along. The implication was that f$u's name wasn't worth remembering (rather than meyer's refusal to utter the name).

Years later, meyer commented during his first few days on the job the various reasons he chose to coach at UF. One of those reasons was his admiration of SOS, including among many things Spurrier's knack for taking jabs at rivals like the voles and noles. meyer specifically mentioned how funny it was that SOS referred to f$u as the "school out west."

Because Spurrier used other nicknames like "free shoes," I guess some of you forgot your Gator history. Don't let it happen again.

Go Gators!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And thank YOU for the support. Had everyone responded with a "what are you talking about?" I would've started my "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" tirade.
You are crazy. And I do have Alzheimers. Seriously. I worry about it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You are crazy. And I do have Alzheimers. Seriously. I worry about it.

Well, judging by one response and 5 likes I have at the moment, I'm not the only one who experienced that very specific delusion.

Alzheimer's is no joke, so I hope I didn't hit a nerve. Hopefully it's nothing you'll have to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.